All reviews outdoor swimming pool glutinous rice chinese restaurant shanghai china lake english
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We are currently sitting on the upper veranda as it is raining, enjoying tea and the beautiful views!
I came here with my son who is currently studying and living here. We were a little disappointed that the outdoor pool was not open, apparently the season begins in June, however the staff were kind enough to bring us cushions for the sun beds, we swam in the indoor pool but sunbathed outside.
Our room was wonderful, it was huge with little added touches including a turn down service with a red rose left on the bed. There was even a heated toilet/bidet combined!!
The staff were attentive, softly spoken and the reception and restaurant manager spoke reasonable English, however my son speaks Mandarin which helped when necessary.
We ate in the Chinese restaurant last night and was wonderful and reasonably priced. Breakfast this morning was exceptional too.
Altogether a wonderful 24 hours and will come again maybe later in the week or on my next visit to China!
This hotel is part of the small luxury hotels and would definitely give it a 5*.
Just a little thought, out room was too warm during the night, and we had difficulty turning the airconditioning lower, however reception said it could have be sorted immediately had we rang reception. Maybe sort this before going to sleep if you like a cool room to sleep in.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We had to leave after only one day of a four day booking. Although beautiful, no one can possibly communicate in English. Our 'non smoking room' had a large ash tray outside the hallway full of cigarette butts, and our 'quiet room' had a large party smashing things and dancing upstairs.

Our bar bill for six drinks was $300 American dollars. I had to sleep with earplugs in and my husband had to take allergy pills for the residual smoke. Do not book here if you are not fluent in Mandarin, are not a smoker, and are not hard of hearing!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2016

Don't go there to stay in HZ, but just to chill and enjoy the quietness ! Beautiful view, nice pool, just make sure you don't need to go downtown.
The western F&B is not really pleasant, and that is why I gave it a 4 out of 5.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2016

1. The room is very small with very low ceiling. It is like a Arctic room.

2. There are only two small windows.

3. When it rains, it is extremely noisy in the room because the roof is very close!

4. I paid about RMB 1100 for one night, but get bad service and room.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

I made a reservation through trip advisor via booking.com, the reservation stated that I was already charged for my room. They could not find my reservation. Checkin took 1/2 hour. Extremely poor management. The reservation stated that I only needed to pay 15% additional for service charge fee. The front desk was using a calculator and it took a total of 3 people to help me check in. They took a 4500 deposit. I went to the spa. I planned charging the spa services to my room. Before, I even checked out of the spa, they called my room and hassled my husband for additional funds as they said that I did not have enough deposit to cover my spa charges. I went up to my room, my husband was extremely stressed out not knowing what was going on. I went to the front desk to clear up the matter. The front desk was extremely rude and said, I had enough from my initial deposit to cover the charges. The hotel is rated 5 stars, the service is as poor as a 2 star budget hotel in China. The rooms and facilities are dated. The only good thing is the garden. Location is remote and there is nothing that is accessible without a car. It is nearly impossible to get a cab without using an app to arrange one. Avoid, there are so many lovely placed to stay in Hangzhou. By the way, the a/c in room 308 is broken and the shower is poorly designed. The shower floor is lower in the back corner and the shower does not drain, flooding the bathroom floor.

Date of stay: May 2016