US$ 157
US$ 66
US$ 113
US$ 96
Priceline
All reviewsglutinous riceoutdoor swimming poolchinese restaurantbeautiful hotelshanghaichinalake
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We had to leave after only one day of a four day booking. Although beautiful, no one can possibly communicate in English. Our 'non smoking room' had a large ash tray outside the hallway full of cigarette butts, and our 'quiet room' had a large party smashing things and dancing upstairs.

Our bar bill for six drinks was $300 American dollars. I had to sleep with earplugs in and my husband had to take allergy pills for the residual smoke. Do not book here if you are not fluent in Mandarin, are not a smoker, and are not hard of hearing!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2016

Don't go there to stay in HZ, but just to chill and enjoy the quietness ! Beautiful view, nice pool, just make sure you don't need to go downtown.
The western F&B is not really pleasant, and that is why I gave it a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2016

1. The room is very small with very low ceiling. It is like a Arctic room.

2. There are only two small windows.

3. When it rains, it is extremely noisy in the room because the roof is very close!

4. I paid about RMB 1100 for one night, but get bad service and room.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

I made a reservation through trip advisor via booking.com, the reservation stated that I was already charged for my room. They could not find my reservation. Checkin took 1/2 hour. Extremely poor management. The reservation stated that I only needed to pay 15% additional for service charge fee. The front desk was using a calculator and it took a total of 3 people to help me check in. They took a 4500 deposit. I went to the spa. I planned charging the spa services to my room. Before, I even checked out of the spa, they called my room and hassled my husband for additional funds as they said that I did not have enough deposit to cover my spa charges. I went up to my room, my husband was extremely stressed out not knowing what was going on. I went to the front desk to clear up the matter. The front desk was extremely rude and said, I had enough from my initial deposit to cover the charges. The hotel is rated 5 stars, the service is as poor as a 2 star budget hotel in China. The rooms and facilities are dated. The only good thing is the garden. Location is remote and there is nothing that is accessible without a car. It is nearly impossible to get a cab without using an app to arrange one. Avoid, there are so many lovely placed to stay in Hangzhou. By the way, the a/c in room 308 is broken and the shower is poorly designed. The shower floor is lower in the back corner and the shower does not drain, flooding the bathroom floor.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2014

As a result of wanting to get to Hangzhou for a weekend and wanted to avoid crowds on West Lake, we decided to book somewhere away from the tourists and this place came up.

Location: Far from West Lake but near to the tea plantations of Meijiahu and Song Dynasty. Since this place is not too near major attractions, taxis can be a hassle if you are not driving. However, if you are driving, getting access to nearby places can be easy.

Check-in: Swift, quick, and very polite.

Rooms: Comfortable, clean, good amenities. Pillows a little too soft.

Wifi: Great speed. However, no VPN.

Facilities: When we were there, Hangzhou was raining and as a result, we had to stay indoors all the time. One unplanned activity was to go for the indoor swimming pool. The pool was ok but the changing room is separated from the temperature-controlled swimming pool across the hall. Hence, we had to freeze across the hall to get from the changing room to the swimming pool, and vice-versa. We then wanted to go for table tennis and were told that that facility costs RMB100. Who would pay RMB100 for table tennis in China?

Chinese Restaurant: Since we are stuck in the hotel, we opted for the Chinese restaurant. Food was simply great. We had the best glutinous rice ball dessert ever. The xiaolongbao was also great. Highly recommended dining location.

Breakfast: Was good. No complaint.

Car park: There was a car park at the basement and access to room floors from the car park is possible. Great for convenience but security can be an issue if not monitored.

Back garden: Great outdoor swimming pool and a walking-trail garden. There is even a small pond with a wooden sampan in it. Great for relaxation purposes.

For those who wants to relax and rest, this is a good place. For those who wants to tour and enjoy Hangzhou, try to get somewhere nearer to major attractions. This is a great hotel after all. Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family