“A big week and great success all happy visitors”

Hangzhou Marriott Hotel Qianjiang
Ranked #2 of 2,443 Hotels in Hangzhou
Reviewed 19 September 2017

A lot of people to juggle, 20 international visitors, 90 Hangzhou and Shanghai Team Members plus over 200 business guests across 3 days was perfect from the efficient check in service, good room allocations and conditions plus excellent conference support without any problems at all. The executive lounge is a peaceful oasis. The downstairs coffee / lounge is comfy and another quiet spot to gather with friends. And... I can get poached eggs with no confusion. I stay every couple of weeks and its become a home from home, but this event was a big success all round. Living in China over 12 years helps my perspective of what is in or out of hotel control. Since the G20 there has been a heightened security presence, especially as the at is the new modern CBD for Hangzhou. Two big shopping centres the new Raffles and the original MIX centre provide typical big centre recreation, shopping and entertainment and dining options. The park across the road is green space, but a bit of humid weather changes the idea of having a run. Across the other side is the branded factory Outlets, hidden under a huge parkland area. Good location for business or a break, but quite a way from the traditional Westlake.

Room Tip: River views, any height floor is good, unobstructed view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Hotel is very well maintained both in facilities side and service side. My friend and I both love the decoration style of the room and the spectacular view of the river. The service, I have to mention, truly stands out!!!! Checkin was a pleasant experience and we were happy to meet Ms. Sophia Li, whose energy and smile warmed our arrival experience and throughout our stay. Also Emily in club lounge is always willing to help. Will definitely come back whenever we return to Hangzhou!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Well what I can say about this hotel. As an international traveler with loyalty to SPG/Marriott, I was so uncomfortable with what I have experienced during 4 nights stay. I was there during a conference in August, and I felt that the hotel was doing some kind of promotion so I could see a lot of party goers (mostly locals) there. Loud voices/noises came out of neighboring rooms, and I could see 4 to 5 people in out of the rooms frequently. I had to change room at 2:00 AM in the morning because I could not sleep. In addition to this problem, I felt extremely odd with how I was treated by the hotel staff.
1. It was raining when I tried to go out for dinner. I wanted to borrow an umbrella from the concierge. I was asked to verify my stay in the hotel. Then I was told that the umbrella is in perfect condition. If something happened to the umbrella, I have to pay for the damage. Wow I have NERVE been asked to pay for damages with hundreds of nights I stayed in hotels (I have nerve damaged any hotel properties).
2. I had a late dinner in the café on lobby floor. I asked the service person to put it to my hotel bill. After I signed the receipt, I was asked to wait in the same place because she had to verify my stay (again  no trust in the hotel at all). After she failed to verify my stay because the computer did not work. I was asked to follow her to the front desk to verify.
3. Every evening, there is security guy standing by the front desk in the entry way to the elevators. He asked everyone to show room card (nerve experienced to show room card even during Yellow Shirt revolution, and Red Shirt revolution in Bangkok, Thailand). I didn’t feel welcomed, instead of feeling suspicious during the whole stay.
I don’t blame anyone who worked in the hotel. I think the guys there just followed rules which were set by the management. I am terribly disappointed at the hotel management. How can you treat your guests with such suspicious? I paid 1200 RMB per night, do you think I wanted to dine and dash? How much you can earn by asking customers to pay for damaged umbrellas? Please act properly as a world class hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Mary Q, Front Office Manager at Hangzhou Marriott Hotel Qianjiang, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Dear Coldmouse,
Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience! Please accept my deepest and sincerest apology for making you feel in that way.
For the umbrella issue, i already took action to rectify it. Everything we do is making sure that umbrella is in good condition, so that there won't be any inconvenience brought to our dear valued guest.
Our Director of Food & Beverage. Mr. Gavin, would love to join me to extend his sincere apology to you. He is personally taking care the payment to room issue, to make sure it won't happen in future.
As to the Security Guys issue, could i ask for your kind understanding as this was requested by the local authority. Their purpose is to make the environment safe.
We, at marriott, are always trying hard to provide enjoyable and memorable stay experience, obviously we fell short of our goal during your recent stay. Hope that you will come back to stay with us very soon, i would love to take care of your stay personally.
Mary Qian
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2017

My poor rating is because sleep quality is very important to me so that I can function well for my important work meetings. The hotel is surrounded by roads, all of which have traffic lights. Driver behavior is to honk horns no matter the time of day or night, and the window glazing is substandard and does not block this noise out.

Also, the doors do not close quietly (hydraulics) when closed. They slam. So be prepared to be roused from your sleep by honking horns and slamming doors. It doesn't matter what floor you are on. I was on the 26th floor - which was the highest.

I complained about the traffic noise when I first checked-in, and they moved me to another room, but still the same problem (the hotel is arranged in a circle). I asked if they had any rooms without being bordered by a road and got the standard Chinese "no".

Service was ok. But what use is good service if the primary function of the hotel (a quiet room in order to sleep) cannot be met?

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Mary Q, Front Office Manager at Hangzhou Marriott Hotel Qianjiang, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for your review. I fully understand that a quality sleep would be very important. Really sorry to learn that.

Hangzhou Marriott Hotel Qianjiang is located in the Qianjiang CBD, very nearby the Qianjiang River. From most of our guest rooms, the river would be overlooked. At the weekend, there will be two light shows in the evening. By standing on the City Balcony, you could see the great shows. By the way, hotel has a samll path leads to the balcony, only 5 minutes walking distance.

Please no hesitate to reach out to me at 86571-86469999 when travel brings you to our hotel, I would try my best to make your stay a enjoyable one.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stay with friends, and once again I chose Marriott Hangzhou Qianjiang.Erica and Nicole who work at the executive lounge welcomed me.Although Erica was an intern, she was enthusiastic and generous,and she just took a short time helping me to check in.Then she told me there were two free breakfasts.I was very impressed with her.The lightshow near the hotel was amazing,I like it so much.I think I do will choose Marriott Hangzhou Qianjiang next time.

Room Tip: riverview is better,amazing,very good
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends