All reviews sightseeing spots hotel restaurant excellent hotel within walking distance moon pagoda location china
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in tai Lian hotel for two nights before we join the Li River Cruise. The location is good as it is right in zhongsan Lu, and there are plenty of good restaurants around including fast food. The check-in is fast and good and they even serve hot and cold fruit tea. The room is clean and big. The breakfast is good as it has a many choices. There are tour service on the ground floor and their service is brilliant. Wish I have stayed longer there. It is within walking distance from the pagoda lake and bus stop to and from the train station is just right opposite. Definitely will stay there again if I am in guilin next time.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2018

So impressed with the room, the wifi, the location and the staff. I've read the place has recently been renovated and it shows. Excellent quality fittings, beds and bathroom. I must make mention of the breakfast. Big room, gets very busy, and CCTV-13 playing on big TVs. As a westerner, I completely loved it. Such amazing range of foods, from congi, noodles, chilli, buns, everything. The hotel is right in the middle of the action. Try the smaller restaurants around the backstreets, and down on to the Elephant Hill street. Loved Guilin. Will return.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Very clean,comfortable and well situated hotel, excellent value for money. Right in centre of city shopping plus an easy walking to sightseeing spots of Sun and Moon towers, Elephant Rock, street marketplace for great bargains and lovely river walks.
Staff had limited English but was great staying in a genuine Chinese hotel and when I injured my leg while out walking the hotel staff took great care of me, transporting me to local hospital and waiting with me/translating for me etc. while Doctors gave treatment. We (myself, daughter and two grandchildren) booked on line via Trip Advisor, stayed 3 nights, breakfasted at hotel restaurant which was excellent and included in price, both Chinese and Western food on offer, coffee not good but instant sachets were available in rooms along with tea, milk electric jug etc. Great restaurants nearby, can recommend "Natural Café" corner site about one block away, beautiful Asian and Western meals at very reasonable prices.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2017

Very comfortable stay at this well-managed hotel. We were able to switch rooms on the second day, after a late check-in, thanks to the friendly and professional Manager Mr Yi (a very nice Muslim gentleman). Breakfast is most satisfying, except for the failure to offer black coffee as an option -- a simple issue that can be easily remedied, if only to cater to more discerning hotel guests from abroad. We found the hotel's location, room size, price and service just about ideal. It's not a hotel that suits everyone, eg families with kids and other folks looking for a swimming pool, plush restaurant and the like.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Al B
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Since the hotel completed their renovation, this hotel has raised the bar in Guilin. Located in the middle of the tourist action, the hotel is MUCH more reasonably-priced than the major competitors in the area. In fact, I would say that Tai Lian's are better than competition because of the remodel. There is an on-site lounge and restaurant. Also a spa. No need to spend more money for an older room in Guilin.

Date of stay: September 2017