1,078 results
All reviewshotel turnswater cascadingwalking streetevery eveningperfect locationbreakfast buffetshopping areamarket stallsthe riverwendy wu tourlarge hotelsmall lakelovely lakecentral atriumlit up at nightelephant trunk hillhotel is located
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in this luxurious hotel in the heart of Guilin. It is a great base to explore the surroundings and a nice, clean and quiet place. Breakfast had western options and the staff is helpful

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niels d
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very well located in the beautiful centre of Guilin and next to a pedestrian street which is great for shopping/eating out (highly recommend Irish Pub - mix of Chinese and Western cuisines). Rooms are spacious and well equipped, check in/check out swift and efficient. Breakfast was very average though, and the dinner menu has to be improved to make justice to an otherwise very nice hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Hotels staff were better trained, apologised and arranged to change rooms when the non smoking rooms smelt of smoke. You can tell they deal with tourist from westernised countries far more often.
The locations was great being next to the lake with the Gold and Silver pergolas and shopping street ( where you can bargain ) and district malls.
We had a 90 minute massage there for 230 yuan, which was quite good.
Also the indoor pool was huge, you need to pay 10yuan for compulsory swimming cap and have a shower beforehand. Unfortunately the pool time was spoilt when some local tourists when walking past spat in the pool.

Room Tip: views facing the waterfall side and large foyer, request non smoking rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I stayed here with a tour group. This hotel has a unique waterfall that goes down the side of the building every night. It is a show! However I do not think I have stayed in a hotel anywhere that the carpet was stained, dirty and plain nasty as the carpet in my room. I am only sorry I did not take a picture! I was so disappointed the room not being clean. I have strongly suggested to the tour operators this is not an acceptable hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank luv2fly19
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Location is excellent. Walk to the lake and the night market. Lots of stores and excellent food court in pedestrian area. Get the river/lake view! It's really nice. Only downside is that they still allow smoking in their rooms and you have to specially request a non-smoking room. Even after they moved me to a non smoking room it still had a smell of smoke, but much less so. Maybe other rooms smell better, but I wasn't bothered enough to change rooms again. There are 2 breakfast buffets, one Chinese and one Western (80 and 140 RMB). They are o.k. but not that much different from each other to justify the price difference. I have seen better buffets but nothing else opens that early in the morning. If you can sleep in, I would go to town and find better food. I would stay again for the location but would ask for a non-smoking room.
They exchange money at the front desk for a good rate and without commission.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends