See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We booked a tour package and we were given this hotel as they told us it is 4-5 star hotel. When we arrived, the whole place was very gloomy and dimmed. IMHO, this hotel need a makeover / revamping. The whole hotel vicinity look depressing and just to walk to our room, it was a spooky experience.

Pros: facing the famous Li River. Our second day staying at the hotel, we get the river view. Basic amenities are provided. Room was clean and the cigarette smell was not so bad.

Cons: hotel need to revamp and maintain.
Don't even bother about the breakfast part as this hotel only caters for local tourist. I asked for a fork and a knife for me to eat my bread and egg but one of the staff just ignore me and mumbles in Mandarin. Thankfully, one lady came after she watched the male staff ignored me and brought our fork and knife.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2015

This hotel is extremely dated is most definitely not a 5* hotel. The location is excellent on the riverside, but that is about all there is positive to say. The carpets looked like someone had defaecated on them, and had clearly not been vacuumed for some time (see pictures) and the bathroom tiles were filthy. The fixtures in the room are extremely dated, looking like something from the 1920's, and there was only 1 plug point. Despite requesting a non-smoking room, the room absolutely stank of cigarettes. The gym was not open during out visit.

The mini bar was an empty fridge, nothing in it.

The bar service was extremely poor. I would only stay here again due to the location, for no other reason at all.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2015

My parents and I stayed here for one night. The hotel was spacious and clean and the rooms were large. However, we did not receive the scheduled morning call and the food was not very appealing. Breakfast choices are limited and refilling of dishes was not very efficient.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2014

We only stayed here two nights. Nothing about this hotel "wowed" me. It was just so-so. The room had an electric kettle and refrigerator. It had a hairdryer, but it was such a low speed that there was little drying power. At the buffet breakfast there was not enough food for our group. When dishes were empty they were not replenished. There were pitchers of juice available, but no glasses. Staff in the dining room were not very attentive to what was needed.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is okay but I would not give it a five-star rating. The hotel was clean but the rooms did not match the great looking lobby. Yet, I would return there because the staff is so accommodating and tries very hard to please.

Room Tip: The breakfast menu is fairly good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple