1,242 results
All reviewshorizon clubshang palaceli cafemini zoothe riverhorizon roompaddle boatsbeautiful hotelindoor poolchinese restaurantlobby barhealth clubdinner buffetmain restaurantthe executive loungeclub roomtai chi
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I wanted to explore more of China and i was looking fot an interesting place to visit near Guangzhou. Guilin is just 3 hours away from GZ by high-speed train, the karst mountains are a UNESCO heritage site and there is a Shangri-La Hotel in the city. These three reasons are enough for me to decide to visit Guilin. Everything else were a bonus.

I arrived in Guilin at 1pm and check-in was a breeze. I was warmly welcomed just like in amy Shangri-La hotel I visited. Front desk and concierge speak English very well. I got my keycard in less than 10 minutes.

Deluxe room facing the Li River was very spacious, one of the most spacious deluxe rooms I stayed in. I particularly loved the silk paintain on the feature wall. Sunsets were a glorious sight from my window. As always, bed was comfortable. I had 8 hours uninterrupted sleep everyday.

Breakfast was great, most of my favorite Chinese breakfast items were on the spread. The breakfast buffet also includes Guilin Rice Noodles, the most popular local delicacy in Guilin.

I also got to try the Shang Palace restaurant which served exceptional Cantonese cuisine. Their har gow were amazing!

Getting a taxi from the hotel was never a problem. The concierge will make sure that the taxi driver understoor where to drop you off. The hotel is also close to Guilinbei Train Station which makes it very convenient for travellers traveling to and from Guangzhou.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
ShangriLaGuilinMgmt, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guilin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear value guest,

Thank you for regarding our hotel as the preferred choice of yours in Guilin and taking time to leave your comments. Shangri-La Hotel, Guilin always puts a lot of emphasis on hospitality and customer delights in order to keep our guests have a comfortable stay. We are proud to receive your encouraging comments which will be passed to our colleagues accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and regard hotel as the preferred choice of yours in Guilin. Look forward to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Guilin in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Very picturesque property, beautiful garden and walking path. The neighbourhood is kind of run down, but as long as you are within the hotel campus, it is very pretty. Beautiful rooms and beautiful property. Check in process takes a bit of patience. The lobby bar is a very pleasant place to spend time sipping tea or a glass of wine - and there is pleasant live music in the evening. If you order a bottle of wine & don’t finish it, the bar will store it for you to finish it the next evening - that is a real nice touch. Vegetarians will have a challenge as the restaurant offers very limited options for them

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
ShangriLaGuilinMgmt, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guilin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear value guest,

Thank you very much for taking up the time to write in regards of your recent stay. It is a pleasure indeed to receive such wonderful comments from you, and your encouraging comments which will be passed on to our team accordingly.

Meanwhile, we have taken note of your comments on check-in and the options of restaurant for vegetarians. Rest assured that actions will be taken to rectify the situation in order to strive for better customer service in the future.

Look forward to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Guilin in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here. Excellent breakfast. We were in the club floor but barely used the amenities as we were booked with lots of sightseeing. Even in December the property seemed full. Taxi cab ride away from town, but nice views.

Stayed: January 2018
ShangriLaGuilinMgmt, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guilin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear value guest,

Look forward to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Guilin in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We stayed for 3 nights here in July 2017.

When we were trying to decide where to go from Guangzhou for sightseeings, we picked Guilin, one of the reasons for that was it has Shangdi-la hotel, and we have always liked the brand.

I have to admit that we were disappointed at check in, the worst we ever experienced.

The check in was slow and painful. They told us they did not have the type of the room we booked. Then they tried to up sell the club rooms, we were OK but I made it very clear that it had to be a non-smoking room because of allergy. We were taken to the room, and it was a smoking room. We were back to the reception desk and asked to speak to a manager at this point, and was told that the manager was at a meeting and not available. I looked straight in their eyes and said “if your managers meeting is more important than a customer’s satisfaction, I’ll wait”. Magically the manager appeared and a non-smoking room was found available. It took about 2 hours.

The ground was pretty. the pool was blissfuly. The breakfast was wonderful, the best noodles. The room and bathroom were decent, mountain views made the room special.

The location was not central, taxis for all the sightseeings. And taxi rides can be adventures or scary depending on how you view it. However there was a walk path close by the hotel and along the river, it was very pretty and I would highly recommend it if you choose to stay in this hotel.

Because there was no much close by the hotel, we had dinner at the hotel, and we were not disappointed.

English is supposed to be understood by the staffs here, but it’s very limited. Especially at the restaurants.

We made the most out of our visit in Gulin and at Shangdi-la, but I am not sure if I would recommend this particular hotel to anyone based on our experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
ShangriLaGuilinMgmt, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guilin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear value guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Guilin and taking up the time to bring to our attention on the unsatisfactory service about check-in.

Rest assured that the corrective actions will be taken to rectify the situation and more staff training will be conducted in order to strive for better customer service in the future.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to redeem ourselves and welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Guilin in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Very pleasant hotel, with great views across the river from the room and public rooms. Nice restaurants too. Our room on the 4th floor was large and comfortable and the staff were all friendly and very obliging.
Although the hotel is situated a little distance from the sights, it was easy to get around.
We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend the hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
ShangriLaGuilinMgmt, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Guilin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018