“Serene and beautiful”
Review of Huaisheng Mosque

Huaisheng Mosque
Ranked #38 of 711 things to do in Guangzhou
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

From the reviews we've read that only Muslims are allowed. And so 3 of us who are non-Muslim respectfully waited outside for our friend who had gone in to say his prayers.
A friendly worshiper who is local, saw us, and graciously invited us into the Mosque.
We are grateful for the invitation.
We were told to tell the caretaker that we are accompanying our friend if asked if we are Muslims.
How beautiful and so serene.

All reviews
"hall"
"visitors"
"metro"

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Oldest mosque in China. One of a kind. Feeling at peace and at the same time amazed by the architecture of the mosque. Opposite of the mosque you can find a few shops selling halal good n halal groceries. We took bus 233 (1 stop)from our aparthotel near gongyuanqian metro mayflower plaza bustop and walked down about 5 mins to this amazing mosque!

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

One of the mosque you can find in the city. Its exactly across the noor bostan restaurant. Beside, You can find several halal shop nearby. Inside the mosque you can meet nice people there and they were very welcome although they dont speak english well.

1  Thank dinar h
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Lovely small mosque with a proud and friendly grounds keeper. My friend and I met a few other friendly visitors during out visit, including two men from central Asia, one dressed in back. The first man greeted my friend and I warmly as he entered to pray. A bit later I was waiting in the front near the interior gate. I heard my friend greet the other man wearing black: "assalamualaikum." The man did not respond and turned to leave. As he approached to walk past me through the gate, I greeted him: "assalamualaikum." He did not respond to me either. My friend is Sunni and I am Christian, and it was interesting to witness this piece impiety in a house of prayer, may Allah forgive him. After our visit we ate halal food at a small restaurant across from the mosque. This was a nice place to visit with well-kept grounds and a friendly groundskeeper.