Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich
US$ 78
US$ 66
Agoda.com
1,777 results
All reviewsclub millesimebathroom mirrorluxury roomclub floorbeautiful hotelspecial thanksplatinum membercanton fairindoor poollate checkbusiness triprooms are spaciouschinese restaurantexecutive loungetianhe districtbreakfast buffet iscanton tower
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I found this hotel on TripAdvisor, and the reviews did not mislead. This hotel in NY or Paris would easily be $800 a night vs. the $220 (US) I paid in Guangzhou. There is no drawback to this hotel, it's just a fantastic facility. Ask for a room with the curved glass windows since this type of room is generally larger and has a tremendous view being on the corner. However, because of the building's layout, many of the rooms offer this feature. Some nice features include the TV in the bathroom mirror; the separate tub, shower and WC in the bathroom; the nice desk with adapters and seating area in the main bedroom area. Would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you like a very contemporary design.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PGC94102
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stay at room 2107 Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, only want to inform that the room is very noisy by the sound of water. Especially when the next room starting or ending using the water.
Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Well, I dont think we're would be anough words to describe our experience of last few days...
Great ambience, fantastic service, wonderful facility and more.
Not only that a leisure centre was open at all times - it was very important for our whole family because we set ourselves on a long journey. Great variety of equipment, all in great order and well maintained.
Staff- made a stay even more pleasant, very helpfully, curtious, always happy to assist even if it was outside of their scope of duty .
Luxury of the room of itself outstanding I would risk expression - pictures dont do enough justice, absolutely fabulous , including most impressive bathrooms - magic you need to enjoy!!!
Breakfast- that is another story!
To die for!!!
The only remark I would have to make not as enthusiastic is to match the rest of the establishments charm COFFEE- was a letdown, until ( once again a willing staff member) young lady from Boston full filed my wish and finally managed to organize a decent Cappuchino.
It would be the best investment to get someone to fill in that gap.:)
Thank you Sofitel Sunrich.
We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank memama007
Management S, Manager at Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

We would like to thank you very much for your encouraging review.

We have taken good note of your comment concerning the coffee, kindly rest assured that all steps are being taken right away to correct this situation.

The entire team of Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich looks forward to welcoming you again very soon.

The Sofitel Management team

Reviewed 17 June 2012

The service & food at this hotel is shockingly poor.
The rooms are great, large & really comfortable but out of 3 of us staying here on the club floor there are dirty socks on the floor, dusty teacups and smelly towels.
The food is very expensive & not good quality- breakfast in the club lounge consisted of 1 overlooked poached egg on 1/3 of a slice of soggy toast- not worth £40.
Both restaurants are empty at all times & when we have eaten here we have found it very average & expensive- ate in the shangri la last night for 25% of the price and much tastier.
The club lounge service is very poor, no one is prepared to help & the English is not widely spoken (I know we should be able to speak Chinese) but we are in an international business centre & we can 't seem to get anything across. The service is also very slow.
The club lounge serves drinks & snax til 7.30- I am currently 5 months pregnant & was not allowed to take some bread and cheese at 7.30 as I was told it was closed, even tho I'd only just arrived & it was all still out on display.
A colleague has had to cancel a night this evening & I've had to pay the full bill as it is under 24 hour cancellation policy however they have insisted I also pay a 15% service charge to clean the room- even tho, I have pointed out they Do not need to clean the room as it won't be used.
I really wouldn't recommend this place at all.
The power ha cut out twice & the Internet is off & on

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

We are sorry to read that you have been disappointed, we understand this is mostly due to the cancellation fee situation. Our staff could have explained the situation better to you.

Since you booked through a third party that has cancellation policies, we do indeed have to follow these policies, a proper clarification should have been made and we apologize.
We are however surprised by the comment on the club lounge as our records show clearly that you enjoyed the buffet freely even though closing time was passed.

The Sofitel Management Team

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Ohmygosh. I've already tried writing this view 3 times, and each time was because I tried accessing the Sofitel's website and because the website doesn't work, it times out my entire browser. I was going to give it 3 stars, but now it only deserves two stars.

Anyway, during my stay, I really expected more. The room wasn't that big. I know I'm not an Accor member and rarely stay at Accors, but I think this was a really sad room. Plus, my firm gives them a ton of business and yet it's still that awful.

They might give you free internet, but the internet speed was slow.

The rooms aren't bad themselves, they're just not as nice as some of their competitors. I don't get to GZ that often, but I can't say I'm gonna go back anytime soon.

If i'm gonna pay that type of cash, I really expect it to be the same quality as an international HIlton, Starwood or Marriott.

Accor should stick with its midscale 3 star market because it ain't ready for the 5.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business