The Westin Guangzhou
  • Restaurant
US$ 80
US$ 70
1,527 results
All reviewsheavenly bedpregogreat hotelcitic plazaspg membereast train stationspacious roomcorner roomthe executive loungean upgradetop floorbusiness districtoutdoor poolwalking distancecanton fairgreat businessmain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Everything about this hotel was 5 star from the clean, zen like, spacious rooms to the incredible staff. It is conveniently located right near the East train station. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2012

When I travelled to Guangzhou I read quite many reviews of the hotels to help to choose a hotel. The Westin was ranked 1st in summer 2011. I wonder why. I would not recommend it to anyone. Not clean, breakfast poor, the top floor restaurant terrible. I moved to the new Sofitel. That was absolutely wonderfuf, one of the best hotels I have been.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Kerstin354
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I haven't stayed here since the year it first opened - fortunately it was as good as my memories- apart from the bar.
The plusses are it's familiarity, decor and choice of restaurants, the minuses are it's inconsistency which it seems is the norm in China.
Prego - the Italian serves great food and real Italian Pizza...not that thick gooey dough and even delivering chili oil when asked (much to the surprise of my server -"ooh Europeans don't like chili- too spicy"). There was one server (and only one) who was a delight, remembering my drink (i was there 2 weeks) and even what i ordered a couple of evenings earlier.
The Q Bar had again one (only) really nice server. The hotel advertised on its screens and on room TV the offer of Happy Hour (which i took advantage of) One evening i went for my Happy Hour and noticed a sign on the table saying ot was to commence at 7.30 (not 5.30 as per usual) I mentioned to the bar man who was extremely rude and did nothing....off i went back to look at hotel screens- it said 5.30, back i went to Q bar and met the really nice server -Sophia, she got straight ion the phone to the manager and sorted it - i had my Happy Hour she was very apologetic- bar man cracked a sort of smile.
The White Tea place- could be very nice however the staff are sullen, miserable and to be frank i have no idea how they managed to convince the Westin to employ them.
Taste is a typical buffet type place, ok if you can put up with the noise
All in all it is a good hotel that also has an outdoor indoor pool and for me very convenient for my office- i'll be back

Room Tip: The elevators are slow, so although i loved my 30th floor view on one stay, i preferred my 16th floor stay for convenience and speed to lobby
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Between 2007 and 2011 I stayed at the The WestIn about 15 times
Wonderfull staff, rooms food service swimmingpool!
I loved it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Westin in Guangzhou, and was fully impressed. The staff is very helpful and friendly; I was upgraded into a suite on the 36th floor and it was luxurious (thanks Starwood SPG!!); the furnishings are all top-notch; the restaurants (both the Cantonese one and the breakfast buffet) were delicious; and the location was relatively central. I would definitely stay again and will recommend it to others!

• Stayed: June 2012