Stayed 3 nights. On scale of 1 to5:
Service: 1-3 (varying)
Management: 1-3 (varying)
The hotel was described as 4 star online and looks that way when I first got my room. But...
1. The showhead holder in the bathroom (no bath tube) was half hanging of the wall, which the housing came quickly to screw it back on though.
2. the door to shower compartment cannot be fully shut, and water leak out. So after my fist shower, the bathroom was flooded. Call the hosuing, the woman said every room in the hotel is "more or less like that". When I showed her the flooding, she said it's not a big problem. So I just let it it flood every time the rest of my stay.
3. The breakfast has exactly the items every day for the 3 days I was there. And on one the of the morning, the young man at the noodle bar was in a bad mood, and kept yelling at some unspecififed guest(s) while cooking noodles. But the other 2 mornings he was perfectly jovial and smiling, even said good morning to me one morning.
4. I checked in early, and they gave me a double room instead of single room I booked, but never mentioned that it's a downgrade from executive to standard. I only found out on the 3rd day.
5. On the 3rd afternoon, while I was on my room a couple with a small kid suddenly opened my room door and walked in, I was shocked. Apparently they gave my room (where I had been staying for 3 days) to someone else. Never happen in my 50 years of global travel.
6. Wifi varies, from average during the evening to very bad during the day, as signal kept coming on and off. It's ironic that I was told the hotel is supposed to be affilated wtih China Telecom group, with its Guangdong headquarter right next door.
7. I was told that the hotel has a gym and recreation room with ping pong talbe, etc. But they don't advertise it becasue it's for the use of China telecom employees only.
8. On first night, the people acrss the hall from me were smoking in their room with their door kept opne most of evening (to get the stinky smell out of their room?), even though there is a big nonsmoking floor sign right by their door.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Ctrip TA so you can book your Guangdong Telecom Post Building reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.