“Great Tour with Xaq”

Private Guangzhou tour guide - Xaq
Ranked #1 of 28 Tours in Guangzhou
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi, this is Xaq, pronounced like Zack. I was born and raised in Guangzhou, and so I am very familiar with Guangzhou attractions, Guangzhou culture, history, food, places that not many people know, and about local people's life here. I can give you advice and travel tips as well. I have been providing my services to foreigners in Guangzhou on a part-time basis for 6 years. In addition to my tours I could give you some suggestions about hotel conditions, locations, services, whether the staff speak English when you choose a hotel. I can pick you up at the Airport or Train Station so you wont feel nervous if this is your first time to Guangzhou and don't know much about Chinese language. I could also be your shopping assistant or assistant of living in Guangzhou, such as Guangzhou local food, supermarket, open markets, electrical appliances, where to go for nightlife, theaters etc. I would be glad to be your tour guide in Guangzhou, contact me if you have questions or need any help :)
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Spent a great day with Xaq and his driver and had a great day getting to see Gaungzhou and the sights. Xaq had made an effort to alter the tour due to the public holiday and also for my interests. He is very knowledgeable, caring and speaks excellent English. Also has helped me on the other days and offered advice. Really great value. Excellent day

All reviews
"canton tower"
in 8 reviews
"pearl river"

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My Husband, 8 yr old Son, my in laws who are in the 70s and I had a fantastic time in Guangzhou with Xaq! We booked him for 2 days . He was punctual, courteous and very attentive to our needs. Xaq spoke excellent English, is very knowledgeable on the history of Guangzhou. He brought us to the best dimsum and yummy roasted duck char siew rice which is very popular with the locals. We would recommend him to anyone who is visiting Guangzhou. Thank you Xaq for making our trip memorable!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Having a day with Xaq really made our trip to Guangzhou perfect. It is invaluable to have a local person to converse with about a city you’ve never been to before. Not to mention he knows his way around so you don’t have to worry about finding your way! His English is superb and he is so friendly and knowledgeable. Cannot say enough good things about him! Book him for sure!

1  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Being a foreigner in Guangzhou isn't exactly an easy thing. English is not spoken or understood widely. Even if you took the time to learn Mandarin, it's still not easy. Having a tour guide that's 1. a native, and 2. fluent in English is key to an enjoyable visit to Guangzhou.

We contacted Xaq on a relatively short notice (about a week and a half before arrival) to request a 1 day tour. Xaq recommended a list of places we should visit, to get the best out of the 1 day we had with him. We made slight modifications to the itinerary, and he was very accommodating.

On our tour date, he arranged for a car and a driver to bring us to all the sites. This was a real time saver. The driver was always waiting when we exit each of the sites so there were no waiting or having to walk to the car park.

Xaq was very knowledgeable about all sorts of histories, cultures, and just random fun facts about China and especially Guangzhou. He is very personable, and by the end of the day...we felt like we knew each other quite well.

Highly, HIGHLY recommend.