1,636 results
All reviewsharam towerbin dawoodshopping mallsame buildingsuper marketexcellent locationthe ground floormadinah movenpickmasjid nabawiladies entranceeasy accessexcellent staybuffet breakfastpleasant stayfew stepsumrah triprooms are spacious
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Worst room i have got anywhere in the world. It has no chairs to sit. No lights on the roof. Only 2-3 in small bulbs in aisle and few lamps. Major lamp wasnt working so half of the room was in dark. There was no soap in washroom and no room slippers. Food menu wasnt in the room. I called four times after that i received the menu and soap etc.
I had booked 2 nights and due to flight issue i limited the trip to less than 24 hours. Still they didnt accommodate. It's clearly not swiss hospitality.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AbeerH54
Sameh E, General Manager at Anwar Al Madinah Movenpick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed at level 11 for 4 days. Room is spacious and clean. Friendly staff. Good room services provided. Just beside gate 15 of Masjid Nabawi. Good breakfast and dinner. Overall, I'm enjoyed and satisfied with my stay here.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Sameh E, General Manager at Anwar Al Madinah Movenpick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your positive review concerning your recent stay at our hotel. It is very rewarding to learn that we were able to meet your expectations and that the quality of services provided by the hotel was up to your liking.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once again to Anwar Al Madinah Mövenpick Hotel.

Sameh EL Nashar

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Read a lot on tripadvisor and elsewhere about worries about cleanliness etc. I must say, we were pleasantly surprised. Excellent staff who were extremely helpful and really clean room. Being from UK we were really worried, since have a low threshold for dirty rooms!

Also, excellent proximity to ladies entrance. This is at either end of Masjid Nabwi so this restaurant is ideal for that, especially if ladies you are with have mobility issues.

Will definitely recommend this hotel. Doesn't have a '5 star' feel to it, but it is clean and very accessible. Noticed that lots of airline staff also stay at this hotel so it is obviously very popular. Breakfast is FANTASTIC. You will have a great time and will be spoilt! Also, lots of lifts so don't have to wait for lifts for ages to get to ground floor, since I read that in reviews of other hotels that that can be a problem sometimes in hotels where they don't have many lifts.

Finally, we were allowed late checkout at 5PM on a busy day which we were very grateful for. Thank you!! I wasn't feeling well that day and it was a godsend being able to leave later than usual (normal checkout is 3 PM I think).

Room Tip: Asked to get lower floors so you can use stairs rather than having to wait for lifts during busy prayer times.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Sameh EL Nashar

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Terrible hotel to pick, rooms are not spacious. For light the room is equipped with three table lamps only, no other light fixtures in the room itself. Wi-Fi is a joke, do not work at all. Business centre provided is small with computers from stone ages. I wanted to check my accounts but again internet was down. It took over half an hour to load my email which I was unable to print as the printer wasn't working. The state of mattress and the bed itself is unacceptable. Worst of all, I often have to pry open main door as the sensor do not even work properly. Cannot wait to check out tomorrow and never come back to this "5 star" hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Asjad R

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel's location is good just beside gate 15 of prophet' mosque. The room was spacious with good view. But everything was outdated...the remote control was broken and wrapped with tape.. not all the Tv channels were working and i make a complaint but nothing changed at all
There was no internet.
I was counting hours to check out from this hotel

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family