Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 323
US$ 308
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 484/night.

US$ 351
US$ 333
  • Restaurant
Anwar Al Madinah Movenpick Hotel(Medina)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$ 167
US$ 154
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 270/night.

US$ 185
US$ 177
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 470
US$ 161
InterContinental
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 279/night.

Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 257
US$ 245
US$ 257
US$ 191
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 273/night.

TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsshuttle servicecomplimentary breakfastfront desk managerroom cleaningroom was spaciousthe hotel staffpleasant stayexcellent hotelmin walkmasjidprophetkamalsuhoorwheelchairsrumra
Reviewed 6 September 2017

So me and my family decided to stay at this hotel over the Eid Al-Adha break (we live in Saudi Arabia) because Madinah would be empty (Hajj pilgrims would all be in Makkah). There was a good deal going with the hotel and it had decent reviews, so we took a chance and booked. Before I carry on, it's important to note that I try incredibly hard to be as fair as I possibly can with any review I write. With that in mind, I have to say that for a five-star hotel, Marriot Madinah was just overall a poor place to stay in. Here are the reasons why:

Bad

- The hotel doesn't have an underground car park facility, so guests who travel by car had to pay SAR5 an hour to use off-street parking, which is generally full all the time. I would understand if I was staying in a typical three-star furnished apartment, but I thought it was poor that a supposedly five-star hotel doesn't have underground parking.
- The rooms were not well-cleaned at all and my toddler daughter discovered a pin and several toenails from the previous guests that almost ended up in her mouth. Even when we alerted housekeeping to this, after they cleaned the room we still found more toenails dotted around the room.
- The property itself is in desperate need of a refurbishment and is overall poorly maintained.
- We asked room service to deliver a simple tomato pasta for my daughter. We were initially quoted a timescale of 20 minutes. When that passed, we called again and was told 45 minutes. After an hour passed, we called again and again until the food came, only to find that they had brought chicken nuggets. Apparently the person who took our order thought tomato pomodoro and chicken nuggets sounded the same. To the hotel's credit though, they didn't charge us for the meal, but that didn't really compensate for the fact that we put our daughter down to sleep an hour and a half later than we should have due to this incompetent service.
- The next morning, we called housekeeping to send someone up to clean our daughter's milk bottles. No one came for 2-3 hours and again it took several heated calls before we were told that the staff had gone for Friday prayers and would only come up after. Fine, we didn't mind and we understood that, but at least tell us this right from the start instead of stringing us along for so long.
- After all the above occurred, I went down to reception to speak to the manager to complain. I was told that the manager was unavailable, so I told the receptionist to let me know one way or another when he was available. Guess what? No one bothered to contact me again and I just gave up.

Good

- The staff were generally friendly and courteous, at least when we actually got to speak to them.
- One receptionist, Talal, went out of his way to show me where I could safely park my car without having to pay the hourly fee.
- The location is good, within easy reach of quite a few restaurants and 10 mins away from the Prophet's Mosque. A shuttle service is available.

What made our stay so much more frustrating is that this has so much potential to be an excellent hotel, but suffers from the lack of attention that inexplicably seems to be given to supposedly five-star properties in Makkah and Madinah. It desperately needs staff who constantly exercise diligence to go along with their friendliness and who pay proper attention to maintaining basic hygiene standards in the rooms.

Overall though, stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
IslamFarghaly, General Manager at Madinah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback, it sounds good to know that the staff service was satisfactory and our reception staff went the extra mile to fulfill your needs, also the location is good.
as we do strive to provide our guests with the best services and memorable stays, we apologize for any inconveniences.
we are looking forward to welcoming you though at our hotel.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

The booking clerk was completely uncooperative; they deducted half the booking value before I arrived at the hotel, and they canceled the booking without contacting me.
I regretted booking at this hotel

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IslamFarghaly, General Manager at Madinah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback, as we do strive to provide our guests with the best service and comfortable experience we will share your feedback with the concerned department, we are sorry for any inconvenience might be caused.
We are looking forward to welcoming you though at our hotel

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Overall it was a good experience with goods and bads
Goods
Room cleaning was good with perfect timing on your choice to get the room clean.
Shuttle service was always there for pick and drop from hotel to Haram
Perfect location of the room with perfect view of Haram
Walking distance to Haram not even required shuttle service
Bad
Worse ever possible iftar I had in my life with sky high price of 360 SR just for 2 adults and a child. Juices, desert and main course meal all were literally screwed up. A big no to it I believe banquet manager should be fired...........

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IslamFarghaly, General Manager at Madinah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback with us.
it is very good to know that the room cleanliness was up to your comfort and satisfaction and the shuttle service was convenient.
as we do strive to provide our guests with the best service we will share your comments with the concerned departments, we apologize for any inconvenience might be caused.
we are looking forward to welcoming you here though.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Nothing about this hotel meets Marriott standards. You can't even designate it as Courtyard Marriott. It is a run down hotel which needs a full renovation top to bottom. After speaking with hotel manager he confirmed the hotel is due for a full renovation and unfortunately until it begins this is what they are working with. It was good to hear that property will be up to Marriott standards at some point.
The staff were very nice and pleasant. The location is very near Haram about 7 min walk. They have a shuttle but to be honest easier to walk. There are a few places to east just on the street and the Medina Museum is less than 10 mins walk from hotel.
The beds are terrible and I had back pains from sleeping on it. The hotel manager apologize and offered a complimentary shuttle to the airport for me which was very nice of him. Once again staff are good just crappy property.
Overall if you are thinking of staying here but keep in mind it's not it all up to Marriott standards. It's more like a no name 3 star.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Asif I
IslamFarghaly, General Manager at Madinah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear valued guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback
As we are striving to provide our guests with the best level of service we will deeply consider your valuable comments
We are looking forward to welcoming you though at our hotel

Islam Farghaly

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

a good stay . simple furniture . decent rate , you need to arrange your trips to haram in order not to miss the bus , but if you missed it no problem , i learned a trick : you can call the bus and it will come fast .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family