“just so-so.......nothing great”
Review of Vapiano

Vapiano
Ranked #150 of 322 Restaurants in Al Khobar
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Restaurant has a good atmosphere but food and services are quite over-hyped.....nothing unusual and unnecessarily over priced. There are plenty of Italian restaurants available which are much better in taste as well as less expensive.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 22 October 2016

It is frustratingly difficult to find decent fresh food in Saudi Arabia. This place is far from perfect, but it is clean, the cooks are very friendly and the service is good. Fresh homemade pasta and plenty of tasty options on the menu. Cool atmosphere as well with the old photos and fresh herbs growing around the place. No pork products and no alcohol are obviously going to be a hurdle for any restaurant in Saudi, but these guys do a nice job without it. It's my go to restaurant for a good quick reliable meal in Khobar.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

A taste of italy..

Good food, fresh herbs and ingredients... Though on the day we visited they had limited choices for the beverages.. Maybe they failed to refill their stocks... But overall pizza and pasta was good..

Place great for meeting, bonding with family and friends..

Good ambiance.. Unique way to order and they have great containers for take out...

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Last May 28 my husband and I ate at Vapiano for the first time. Place clean and too bright. Ok so I ordered for fresh lemon and mint. it tasted ok. But the ristto scampi e spinachi had A LOT of olive oil. Like the rice was almost swimming in olive oil. Or is it really cooked like that? the pizza, I actually ordered for Capricciosa but they gave me prosciutto e fungi. Too late for me to find out that I was eating artichokes. Oh well. I guess the nice chefs made out visit an ok one. The cashier was nice.... i dropped a tip in to their tip container. The guys doing the drinks though....I think they need to speak English? I asked what their bestseller of famous drink and the guy just pointed me to the menu. Ok I guess. oh it was self service.
Am I going back there?.......umm maybe if a friend wants to try it there.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 7 December 2015

For a perfect Italina fix, this is definitely a good place to go. Pastas and Pizzas were perfect as well as the soups and salads. Just as good as any other Vapiano i've been to. I'll definitely be back.

Date of visit: December 2015