All reviews soccer field jet ski staff at reception swimming pool deteriorate 20km villa balcony sauna facilities saudi
Reviewed 8 September 2018

This is a pleasant place in very large grounds with private beach including good facilities for children. Most of the customers are Saudi families. I stayed for 2 weeks on a business trip to avoid commuting every day from Dammam as it was only about 20km from my clients. For a long stay, the main problem is the limited menu at the restaurant, which was usually deserted except for breakfast (which was fine). We were told that most of the guests choose to eat in their rooms. Even with the limited menu some items were unavailable, e.g. all fish dishes for over a week, despite there being (I am told) an excellent fish market in Dammam. Even if you have a car (I didn't) I was told it is 30 minutes drive to the nearest restaurant. One night there was an excellent buffet but there were insufficient customers so it was not repeated. Other issues were problems with the electrical equipment (my colleague had shocks from his fittings) and lack of desks in the room for working.

Room tip: I had a ground floor room, which was fine.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MichaelR11291, Sales Coordinator at Radisson Blu Resort, Al Khobar Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Mr. Nigel,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to provide and improve our guest with services that meet and even exceed their expectations. I greatly appreciate your comments and I am very sorry that few services did not meet with your expectations. I will ensure your feedback will be given to all. We look forward to welcoming you back then.

With much appreciation,

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I understood that this hotel has been opened for around 8 months, the modern designs, nice rooms and beautiful beach, but it’s very sad to see how poorly the hotel and facilities are being managed!!

I can confidently say that the hotel in under staffed (and that is an under statement), as soon as you walk in to the hotel you can hardly find staff around, so service is very poor due to the shortage of staff.

The landscaping is poorly maintained, the lagoon pool has no water, no life guard available at the pool, no service nor staff at the beach and no food or beverage either, very few staff in housekeeping which results in major delays in cleaning rooms and getting proper service.

Walking around the facility you see and feel that the place has sooooo much potential but it’s poorly managed.
I truly believe that hotel management need to pick up and start hiring experienced hotel staff that can represent and elevate this 5 star to the level is really deserves.

If this poor level of management continues I can see this hotel shutting down in the near future unfortunately, I am not sure how a well known hotel chain like Radisson are willing to risk their reputation by allowing the hotel to be poorly managed and shockingly understaffed!!

Very Sad..

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ace545
Michael R, Sales Coordinator at Radisson Blu Resort, Al Khobar Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your candid review regarding your recent stay at our resort. Your feedback is very valuable to us, as we strive to provide and improve our guest with services that meet and even exceed their expectations. I greatly appreciate all your comments and this is very disappointing to hear. Rest assured that your feedback will be given to all and we do have upcoming projects for the resort to better facilitate and entertain our guests. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property.

With much appreciation,

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

the raddison blu half moon bay resort is a lovely place. situated on the persian gulf it offered our group comfortable accommodations that were near our worksite. the resort offers many family and kid friendly activities. large swimming pool, jet ski and boat rentals, soccer field, rental scooters for kids, a restaurant, comfortable, clean rooms.
the breakfast buffet has a large selection of pastries, cereals, hot foods, made to order eggs, juices, cold cuts, salads, and yogurts. for lunch and dinner there is a menu with many choices.
july is a slow month at the resort so the preparation of food takes a long time. when the food arrives it is well presented and is very tasty. since we were working the slow service was not ideal.
i would stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Michael R, Sales Coordinator at Radisson Blu Resort, Al Khobar Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Mr. Chris,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are very happy to hear that your overall stay was up to par. We truly appreciate your kind words about our resort facilities, services and the quality of food. Please note as well that we will review your comments and will be discussed to concerned department in order to provide you better service on your next stay.

We can't wait to have you again as our guest.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

It was a great experience, quite and cozy resort. Perfect place for vacation and relaxation. You will feel the warm of hospitality right you walk in, staff were very accommodating that makes our visit more comfortable and memorable.

Room is huge, clean and smell fresh, I like their villa very cozy and comfortable. Complete with amenities has its own parking and kitchenette.

The resort have lots of facilities to offer from children's to adult. They have amazing outdoor and indoor swimming pool, play ground, football field, beach line to swim in and boat for water adventure. Perfect for holiday indeed.

Definitely we will come back again soon. I will recommend whenever you are in Al Khobar try to stay or visit in this resort.

I would like to mention Michael for his warm hospitality and Yes I can spirit, you make our visit more memorable.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael R, Sales Coordinator at Radisson Blu Resort, Al Khobar Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Mr. Ariel,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your visit. We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this.

Also, I am pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Beautiful rooms with a sea view. The balcony is very good for relaxing. Very clean private beach with facility for boating and water scooter rides. Kids and adults pool and the surrounding areas are very clean and maintained. Lots of fun for kids including parks, scooter and bicycle rides and a soccer field. The gym is fully equipped with a spa, sauna, and jacuzzi.

Room tip: Business rooms have a balcony with sea view
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael R, Sales Coordinator at Radisson Blu Resort, Al Khobar Half Moon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Ms. Sheeba,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Resort, Al Khobar Half Moon Bay.

On behalf of our team we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for the time of sharing your feedback.
It has been a great pleasure having you around and we look sincerely forward to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.