Park Inn By Radisson Sochi Centre
Nairi Hotel(Sochi)
Marianna(Sochi)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrailway stationhotel is locatedwi fidoesn trecommend this hotelexcellent hotelminibarpersonnel
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Overall, our expectations were high but the hotel wasn’t that good. We expected a four-star level of guest-oriented services and it turned out to be a solid three-star hotel with fairly trained personnel.
We see that the stuff are trying to excel sometimes, but the impression is that nobody provided them with full set of international trainings, but taught them how to save money and supplies of the owner. Russian sanatoriy style:)
-no amenities, no bathrobes, no minibar, no variety during breakfast and lunch time; instead there are soap dispensers, installed into the wall, slippers only, a mini fridge, no tea set in the room.
I am a fan of the recycle/eco programs. The hotel seems to be implementing the ‘lower the amount of water footprint’ program. Anyway, the towels are changed even if they are hanging.
Amenities. A four-star hotel is supposed to provide their guests with soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion and a tea/coffee set in the room; toothbrushes and shaving kits sometimes. Following the eco program, the hotel should have offered a wall-installed dispensers with all of those toiletries to reduce the amount of plastic waste.
The hotel provides water bottles every day, which is a lovely thing, but doesn’t match the eco-friendly policy: tons of plastic waste are created because of those bottles. A water cooler on each floor and a suggestion to use your in-room glass would have been enough.
Lobby. Based on some mysterious Russian tradition, all of the doors are closed for use, except for one, the slowly rotating door. Why on Earth would you close or barricade with chairs other exits? How about fire safety?
Ads. Russia has a disease - promoting ads whenever and wherever they can. Sochi is the headquarters of this disease. Ads are everywhere: on buildings, on people, people themselves, texts, blaring out of loudspeakers. Several people are trying to outscream each other, in attempt to sell their services.
Park Inn lobby is not an exception. Half of the nicely designed reception is covered with a strange looking ad poster. Why would you hide your beautiful design under this amateur piece of cloth?
Toilet is locked. Locked! I believe there are reasons: the railway station attracts a lot of people in the search if a rest room. But why your guests should pay with their dignity for it? The international practice gives a solution: offer your guests to use a room key to access the toilet on the first floor. Don’t force them to ask the front desk agent for the key every time. You should know it’s embarrassing and unpleasant.
Stuff. They are trying the best they can, but there is a southern arrogance in every move. But they are trying the best they can. Sometimes they lack a supervisor to nudge them. However, they are eager to answer any call and request. Need to say, customers aren’t the best all the time and they handle them nicely and professionally.
Meals. Breakfast looks wonderful unless you are staying at the hotel for more than four days. Every single meal is repeated every day. Every day. Lunch is no exception. Given that the employees are more likely to be ex-Russian sanatoriy workers, they are prone to process every piece of food, purchased by the hotel. Even those that have gone bad. I am sorry but the lunch main courses often have a specific odor. Bread, salads and the complementary cake are not fresh and crispy at all. Probably, they are leftovers from the breakfast. The prices are fair though. Possibly, because of this cost saving policy:)
Housekeeping. The timing is quite strange to me, they are active after 5 pm (?). They should follow a checklist, however, soap dispenser and paper towels are not often restocked after their visit.
Wi-fi. Fast and furious. Thanks for that.
Once again, I may have been bitter in the review, but I expected a four-star hotel. Being a part of hotel industry and having got to know the guest-oriented approach myself inside-out, this is a solid three-star, Ibis level of amenities. Services are, unfortunately, at a lower level. Russian ways of living are somehow affecting an international hotel chain. I would be happy to visit this hotel once the proper count of stars is in place and personnel is constantly trained to do better. Thank you!

Room Tip: It is quiet and comfortable in every room. A room, facing the road, won’t bother your sleep thanks to good isolation.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Natalia H, Управляющий at Park Inn By Radisson Sochi Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Elena,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Sochi City Centre. We are very sad to hear that in your case we didnt manage to meet your expectations. Thank you for all your comments, we will review them carefully and attentively with our Team.

We will be very happy to see you again in our hotel.

With best wishes,

Natalia Hastings,

Reviewed 16 July 2017

The hotel is located near the railway station, and in front of it is the pedestrian Navaginsky Avenue. The atelier is very clean and beautiful. Staff are friendly! In a word I really liked it. I advise everyone!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
NataliaUsova, Управляющий at Park Inn By Radisson Sochi Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you so much for the great review regarding your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Sochi City Centre. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night at park Inn Sochi centre during our Black Sea cruise, knyaz Vladimir.
My opinions are as follow:
-neat and clean room
-very clean bathroom
-breakfast .....wooooow ....delicious,diverse,high quality

Location is not the best but it is good!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
NataliaUsova, Управляющий at Park Inn By Radisson Sochi Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Adybeig,

Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Sochi City Centre.

We are very happy to receive such comments from you and we are delighted to know that we managed to meet your expectations. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Very well placed in the heart of the city, just by the railway station. Still, not so noisy as I was affraid, especially if you ask for a room on the opposite direction. Decent food (German style!!!) and quite rich breakfast. Walking path leading to the harbour starts closely, with plenty of shops and bars. Rooms are correct on size, beds are much too soft, zero amenities (except two small bottles of water): no tea, cofee, minibar etc. And the worse, the Internet is catastrophically slow or even absent, and if you are travelling for business this can be a huge problem.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
NataliaUsova, Управляющий at Park Inn By Radisson Sochi Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Sochi City Centre. I am very sorry that you had to experience difficulties with the Internet which is not usually the case in our hotel. I passed this information to our IT Manager who will investigate what could happen.

In the meantime, we will be very happy to welcome you back and hope to see you again in the future in our hotel!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Well, I'm on day 2 of my 7 day say here and it couldn't be going worse. Check in was fine. Staff very attentive. The problem began when I came home at 9:30 PM from sightseeing. The room was very hot. I told the manager and she asked me to wait 7 minutes while she attended to other guests. I ended up waiting almost an hour. I had to call and come down to the lobby FIVE times before someone acknowledged and changed agreed to change my room. I was relieved and grateful as I had just flown from the US to Moscow and taken a 23 hour train ride from Moscow to Sochi. I was exhausted. Unfortunately, the A/C in the room didn't work either!! At this point, I was too tired to protest. I opened the window to get some relief but the train station is next door. If you open the windows, you can't sleep due to all the announcements. So, it was either sweat like a pig, or go deaf from the announcements from the train station and not sleep all night.

The next morning, I went to the same manager who was still on duty. She sent up a technical person who said, "of course the A/C doesn't work. It was cold two days ago. We have a common A/C system. It's not going to work in the rooms for another day or so!" I responded by saying, "You can feel that the A/C works in the hallway. Just not in the room. If it's a common system, why does it work in the hallway, but not in the room?" He just shrugged, smiled, and didn't say anything.

This is a hotel by Radisson!! You would think that you would get a better, more satisfactory response than that. I don't know what to think. As of now, I would NEVER recommend anybody staying in this hotel, until you like to sleep in a sauna and sweat like a pig, which has been my experience so far.

Oh, I've made it very clear to the staff about my dissatisfaction. No offers of compensation of some kind at all.

Room Tip: Don't travel when they decide you shouldn't use the A/C
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
NataliaUsova, Управляющий at Park Inn By Radisson Sochi Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Mr. Thornton,

Let me bring my sincere apologies for the situation with the air conditioning in your room. I am very sorry that we didn't manage to meet your expectations upon your arrival to our hotel. We will do our best to make the rest of your stay the most pleasant and comfortable one.

The General Manager