“Mexican food In Irkutsk”
Review of Rio Grande

Rio Grande
Ranked #19 of 973 Restaurants in Irkutsk
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

So finally i found one mexican restra in Irkutsk....as soon as i enter, found this place good in terms of ambience however service was pathetic, they took around 30mins to deliver the food on my table. Then once food arrived, it was just fine not so great or authentic....funniest part was that they charged extra for mexican suave n avocado sauce also!!! I can only say tht there was nothing authentic about food spcly!!! Staff was courteous n friendly....i wish they work towards making this place more authentic when it comes to FOOD!!!

With Love
Sho

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank Shobhit C
Write a reviewReviews (151)

Reviewed 21 September 2015

A local told us about this "good" Mexican restaurant. He raved about it. It's okay and if you haven't had Mexican food and crave it just expect a Russian twist on the food when you order. The tacos were fried flour tortillas, I ordered the chicken tacos and they were mostly beans with melted cheese on top. The fajitas had almost stewed veggies, as in eggplant, onions, tomatoes on the sizzling meat platter. The tortillas were gigantic. Russian cuisine isn't our thing so it was okay. The virgin mojito was very delicious!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

The ambience feels like a Tex Amex restaurant at home. Very friendly service, but bring your translator app. Food was delicious! Not the most authentic Tex Mex, but for Russia standards, not bad.

Reviewed 13 February 2015 via mobile

I expected a lot more of this place! Being very hungry I decided to go for the so called 'Meat plateau' on the menu. Priced at 1,350 rubles on the menu card, I expected this choice to include some substantial meat.

Much to my surprise this meal mainly consisted of pre-cut meat toppings of same quality as the factory packed toppings in the supermarket! Needless to say that not much cooking effort seemed to have gone into the preparation here. Also I was still hungry afterwards.

The next surprise came when getting the bill. I couldn't figure out the prices so I asked to see the menu once again. When I was brought back the English menu, the waitress also gave me the Russian menu which had higher prices on all the different courses! She explained that they hadn't updated the prices on the English menu!! Well, I now even more felt like having bought a pig in a poke. So the meat plateau went from 1,350 to 1,540 rubles and a ribeye steak went from 1,100 to 1,350... Hocus pocus, they do magic tricks here!

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I came here one evening for dinner and was a bit skeptical but was pleasantly surprised. I have found that good tex-mex is hard to find outside of North America. The queso dip was very good and spicy. The nacho chips that came with it were good but different - they reminded me of pita chips you can get in the US. I also had the beef enchiladas which were good but it ended up being too much food. I would recommend this restaurant in Irkutsk.