All reviews the river excellent hotel pool and sauna hotel is located clean hotel mini bar nice restaurant room service great job comfortable rooms credit card world cup business city suite content wifi
Reviewed 30 November 2016

I stayed here during my work trip for 2 nights. It was given a beautiful room on the 4th floor with the Volga river view. Hotel seems new and good furnished. Bed is big and comfortable. The only moment I didn't like is when I put DND on my door (I always do it during my short stay) the maid was trying to enter my room by knocking the door. Fortunately the same moment I was going out of the elevator and she gave me the bathrobe she wanted to change. It is very attentive from her side but anyway I already informed by my card that I would not like anyone to disturb me. Breakfast was delicious with many choices for different tastes. Thank you for welcoming in your hotel. Best regards.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I was several times at this hotel, everything is very good, the only exception is a part of the breakfast.
No time fresh bread was available, always several days old.
It was a big surprise.
Eggs on order is another big disappointment.
First you have to discover, there is someone.
If you discover it, another surprise - you can or you have to make a written order and put the paper somewhere.
Then you have to watch carefully, first, if the eggs guy is coming
and starting preparing your eggs and figure out if/when they are done. No one will bring them to your table.
These two strange things are putting the hotel one level down.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
AlinaG133, Manager at Holiday Inn Samara, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your comments with us. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced in our hotel. We have taken your comments on board to improve our service.

We hope to see you again soon at Holiday Inn Samara!

Kind regards,
Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Spartan hotel needs pictures or colour. Could also do with a decent outside seating area. Everything and everyone just lacked attention to detail and a level of service or care that makes THE difference eg a request for info about ferries in other hotels would have had a detailed response or offer to investigate. The need to visit reception to pay for room service laundry is a minor inconvenience but one that other hotels avoid. And we were on the 8th floor ! The minibar lacked content and the internet was weak throughout. Breakfast was lacklustre and the chef burned the omelettes. We stayed at the Hol Inn in Tblisi recently and it was outstanding this one was dissapointing .

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2016

The Holiday Inn Samara is a franchise hotel that provides what is expected, i.e. clean, well-designed rooms and efficient service.

For Western visitors, this hotel is a safe choice - a Holiday Inn as found anywhere else.

The front desk staff staff spoke good English, which is not always the case in Russia (outside Moscow and St. Petersburg) and they were helpful and efficient. There is an ATM in the lobby, which is convenient. The room included a kettle, which was much appreciated. One quibble might be the air-conditioning, which was rather noisy, although I've known worse.

The hotel is located at one end of the main river boulevard. Samara is a big place and I suggest that before choosing a hotel guests think a little about what parts of the city they plan to visit. For holidaymakers wishing to visit the Space Museum (highly recommended) the trick is to take the No. 20 tram. We trecked a long way to the museum only to discover later that we could have got there much more easily.

Overall, Samara is an interesting place to visit for a few days, and if I were visiting again I wouldn't hesitate to choose Holiday Inn Samara.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter J
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Very good clean hotel, nice SPA and Gym, good breakfast, some rooms with River Volga view. Opposite view is not very nice, with a noisy AC. You can also use morning sauna. Short walking distance to the River Volga.

Room Tip: Rooms with River Volga view are recommended
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
AlinaG133, Manager at Holiday Inn Samara, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Sales Manager