“Good food and location”
Review of Holiday Inn Samara

Holiday Inn Samara
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Samara
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I stayed for a week on business and enjoyed the hotel. The views of the Volga from the top front rooms are worth asking for when checking in. I was impressed that despite limited English, the reception managed to understand my companies booking and payment and had everything booked and settled very efficiently.

The food was good with an international menu and an impressive choice at breakfast. The hotel restaurant was hit and miss on what was available but what there was was well cooked and good quality.

If you're daring then the beach for a swim in the Volga is only 3 minutes walk from the hotel and there are changing cubicles and easy access to the river if you want to gain your "I swam in the Volga" tale.

There are several good restaurants in the area but you may need a local guide to find / identify them if you can't speak Russian.

Room Tip: Front facing high floor rooms have a great view of the river
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

On this stay of two days using the business conference facilities we received excellent service, good meeting rooms and good catering. Only thing holding back the 5th star is the bedroom was OK but not 5 star quality. When checking in ask for a room at front of the hotel overlooking the Volga.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2015

I stayed in this hotel few times and always liked it. The rooms are nice, the breakfast is prefectly fine to start you for a busy day, especially when served in their Brasserie. Rooms and breakfast are as in any other European Holiday Inn. What I like the most about this hotel is the spa and the location. The spa is never too crowded and is well equipped. The location is great, as you are few steps from the river bank, so you can go for a nice walk, have a coffee and enjoy the end of the day.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Pavlina H
Reviewed 26 April 2015

Reading the reviews which say best hotel in Samara makes me wonder how the worst ones are looking like? I have to go to Samara for business purposes and always stay in that hotel because of its location, in terms of service it's like pooling a tooth , it is really painful every time you interact with staff. Forget about a smile, they do not smile at you, not in the restaurant, not at the reception, not a single staff, they serve you with a face of heavy , very have obligatory duty like you are bothering them with your presence. I have arrived at 3 in the morning checked in and the reception guy forgot to return me my passport , which is not a big deal, I came to pick it up next morning at 10:30 am and nobody was at the reception, when I pressed the buzzer a receptionist appeared with no good morning, but instead he asked: yes? Well, never mind , I asked for passport , got it back with no verbal interaction from his side even when I thanked for returning it.
The breakfast... It's fine that it was very limited, that is also not a big deal, but the service!!! The guy asked me immediately at the entering point which room was I from , 2 min later someone appearing like manager run after me while I was with the plate of food that my breakfast is not included in the price of my room , to which I responded : sure, please kindly include and I will pay, but member of staff loudly insisted I pay now, which I replied to: sure, as soon as I finish breakfast please bring me the bill to the table, but guess what, I didn't have a chance to reach the table, another guy rushed to me with the bill demanding to pay for the breakfast, before I have even sat down! Disgusting!!!!! I'm a 6 month pregnant women walking quite slow, so I couldn't have run from him, I clearly stay in the hotel which is also an indicator that I can't disappear, they also have my bank bank card guaranteeing the stay, how could someone be treated like that? This is just after few hours staying at the hotel , but then list of complaints hoes on and on an on

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank BIANKA_ramos
Elena Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Samara, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2015

Dear Bianca,

thank you for your time writing your personal impressions about your stay at our hotel. As a GM , I take full responsbility for the staff training and apologize if the smiles of our team were not enough to make you feel welcomed. Let me assure that each team member does care about all our guests to make great stays every day and every minute. Thanks to your feedback we will continute to develop hospitality attitude and train smiles for all our valued guests. As far as breakfast is concerned, let me kindly note that the room rates may be breakfast exclusive or inclusive to give guest more freedom of choice . Our chef is making seasonal changes to keep up the variety giving international guests a chance to try local cuisine. We hope you will enjoy it during your next stay. Best wishes for you and your baby

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

I think this is the best hotel in Samara!!! We are still in the hotel just I wanted to share with you a simply wonderful experience !! Very nice rooms with great Volga river view, clean and free high speed WiFi access!!! hotel is central located with very good service. Reservation team was very helpful, efficient &respond to our requests. When we checked in Vlad from the reception did his outmost to ensure that we settle proper in the suite. The spa and the gym is big with an indoor pool and has everything you will need. The hotel delivers what the brand promise and deserve its own 4star rating and even better.

• Stayed: January 2015