See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We loved this hotel with its comfy and relaxing atmosphere. Good value when traveling with a West-European family holiday budget. A very quiet hotel, which appeared to be largely empty when we visited, but that just allowed for an even more relaxed atmosphere. Stayed two nights in a family room with a large bathroom and small alcove for the children. Only minus was the lack of a door, or even a curtain, between the 'rooms' when we in the booking - and from pictures- had been led to believe we were having two separate rooms. Reasonable selection of TV channels for non-Russian speakers (though the kids would like me to mention that the Disney channel constantly kept dropping out ). The breakfast bar was super and included in the price. Also available until quite late, which allowed for a relaxing lie-in. Access to the spa was quite expensive; 80£ per adult. A friend suggested we might instead ask for an upgrade which included access to the spa. We did, and it only cost us a total of 50£, a net saving of 110£. We think the hotel could have been more forthcoming with an upgrade as an alternative to the 2x80 when we made inquiries. They never mentioned it, and without our friend's suggestion we would have missed out on what was a really nice experience for gronw-ups and children alike. I worried children would be frowned upon, but the fact that robes for children were provided made me really feel as if they were very welcome too!
The upgrade meant we could not have a family room for our last night, but the new room was very large with plenty of space for two extra beds (and the king-kong sized master bed could easily accommodate the whole family as well..). My main reservation with the upgrade was that we in the process lost the access we had had to a kettle, tea and coffee. Calling room service for an extra cup of tea is just a bit too much hassle. It seems strange that we lost amenities in an upgrade. Otherwise, an exellent hotel I would thoroughly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to get access to the spa instead of paying general access rates.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MMPNO
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

OK nice looking hotel lacking the details that make all the difference. The standard rooms are functional, but pillows are not of the best quality. Room service woke me up at 8.00 on a morning when I had a late meeting. You hear everyone else on the floor very clearly at night, noisy ventilation. Breakfast is rather poor: not much to put on sandwiches and not a place for egg lovers. Late for massage in the adjoining spa because reception did not give my key access to the floor where you pass through to it, etc etc. The staff in general is friendly and helpful. The entrance has steep, slippery stairs leading to it. Be prepared to carry your suitcase up them. In the winter the outside was a mess. Big pool of mud between taxi and stairs to the reception.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank withpanamahaton
Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

Good service with smile , real professional hotel and spa. Food very delicious. Good massage.. I was here just for 4days I don't want to leave here. I recommend everyone who come to Kazan this hotel is the best. Really enjoyed my weekend here.

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank anaisBkk
Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

I have arrived there with my wife and 3 children. We booked 2 studies communicated. Not cheap!! But it's included the free use of Spa ( amazing!! Really good, also for children). Rooms very good, personal really good. Very poor breakfast buffet, it is incredible!!. Sometimes, there is a strange ( and awfwl) smell in the rooms. Really well located, enclosed to the channel between the lake and the river ( Kremlin)

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Pedro F
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I stayed here twice on a recent trip to Tatarstan and each time the hotel proved to be pleasant, professional and comfortable. It's owned by the wife of the President of Tatarstan, so I expect the quality has to be up to scratch.

Friendly service and all the staff speak English. Good breakfast in the mornings, a quiet, cool bar off the lobby. All in all, a great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business