US$ 142
US$ 115
US$ 159
US$ 155
  • Restaurant
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$ 214
US$ 151
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 175/night.

Pushka Inn Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$ 180
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 199/night.

Hotel Vera(St. Petersburg)
US$ 70
US$ 68
US$ 136
US$ 132
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Helvetia Deluxe Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$ 154
US$ 148
US$ 145
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfloor restauranttop floorswimming poollobby barbreakfast restaurantwithin walking distancetour grouprooms are comfortablestandard roomsouvenir shopgeorgian restaurantwifi connectionopen the windowdecent sizetourist attractionsexcellent hotelreception desk
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Build approx. 10 years ago, this is a very modern and nice hotel. Minus for the carpets in the rooms and NOT being able to adjust the temperature.

Really modern interior, good breakfast / lunch buffet restaurant (9th floor - with a VIEW),

Helpful staff everywhere, making our stay really pleasant. High quality wifi, nice lobby bar and a souvenir shop in the lobby.

Recommendable!

Stayed: October 2017
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for your highly complimentary comments on our hotel.
Absolutely agree with you that some of our rooms really need renovation. We are doing planned restoration but unfortunately it goes slower than expected because our hotel is always overcrowded. I can only hope that your next stay with us will be in a new room.
My special thanks for your kind words about our stuff because people make hotel face.
Off course it is in a combination of good food, good cleaning and good infrastructure.
We will be pleased to have you in our hotel again!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I stayed here as part of a tour group and the hotel is ideal for that. Breakfast buffet is outstanding in selection and variety including fresh fruit and excellent bread and pastries - the fresh omelette is a real treat. The rooms and bedding were of a very good standard and having water coolers on each floor was very practical. Concierge was most helpful in arranging tickets for us and bar staff were excellent. Seeing senior managers walking around very positive! I liked practical things - like having a cash machine and souvenir shop in the lobby. A hotel more for groups however than a single traveller as it's a good 10/15 minute walk to the Nevsky Prospect but some good restaurants nearby.

Stayed: September 2017
Management response:Responded 29 September 2017

Dear Guest!
Thank you for a very positive picture of our hotel given in your letter. The words: “ outstanding” , “ excellent” and “the most helpful” are the brightest characteristic to the hotel. You’ve mentioned even cash machine and souvenir shop finding their location very practical. I am sure that you’ve learned our hotel not to the end because we have the other points of love for our guests – fitness center with professional musters in hair and nail art with specialists in facial and body massage and many other things. Anyhow the city itself needs more attention and time to get acquainted with it better.
You are the most welcome!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Location is fine for visiting the main sites - 10 minutes walk to the underground, twenty to the river Neva. The hotel presents well, is clean and functional, but breakfast is not well managed, leading to shortages of crockery and dishes at busy times.
Worst for us was the high charges for use of the pool after 11.00am, which meant we did not use it later in the day, when we really wanted to. Challenging the guest relations manager, we were told it was to avoid it becoming a 'frog pond'!
On the plus side the reception and concierge staff were excellent.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 September 2017

Dear Guest!
Thank you to find time for comment on the hotel. I am happy that you positively estimated reception and concierge stuff they are gratitude to you for it.
Agree with you that sometimes in a busy time of breakfast waiters are too fast to remove crockery and dishes from the guest table because their main task is to clean the table. Very often they do not know if you are going to continue your breakfast or you’ve left the restaurant. That is why you can return to your table when it is empty and cleaned. May be this situation made you to think that we are having the lack of dishes. It is not true, we have no problems with dishes and crockery even when the restaurant is overcrowded. Sorry that you’ve get a wrong opinion! We shall pay special attention to the service in restaurant
Unfortunately I can add nothing to my explanation about our pool. Its space is not enough to afford all those who like to come in the afternoon and especially in the evening.
In spite of some discomfortable moments during your stay with us I hope you will come back and will be happy to host you.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

In my travels I rarely write reviews. Once I return home and go about the normal routine of life, I rarely give thought to writing a review. It is only when a hotel stands out as something special that I make the time to write a review. Ambassador Hotel is one of those hotels. I have stayed at the Ambassador during four different visits to Saint Petersburg. Each visit was over a week with the last visit being December 29th through January 6th of this year.
There are many things I like about the Ambassador but I will just mention the main reasons I stay here. First and foremost are the people who work here. Just as in any business, it is the people who truly make a business successful and the Ambassador Hotel has a great staff. From Victoria and Alexsey (sp?) at the reception desk who are both very professional and pleasant to the waiters, bartenders and frankly everyone else at the hotel, the staff stands out and makes a stay at the Ambassador an enjoyable one.
I also stay because of the rooms. The rooms are well furnished, comfortable, very clean, and of decent size. I have always stayed in a standard room which has been more than adequate for myself as I travel alone. I am sure the higher end rooms are just as nice, if not nicer.
The hotel's location is also convenient. It is within walking distance to most of the tourist attractions. Or if you do not feel like walking much, there is a metro station just a couple of blocks away. The metro fare is 45 rubles and the turnstiles take credit cards which is very convenient.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard H
Management response:Responded 27 September 2017

Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for a vast review and for a devotion to our hotel. You are that rare guest who is trying to find positive moments in every minute staying in the hotel. It’s a real gift and very few guests are able to take surrounding this way. People cannot but turn to you by their best sides of their nature because they feel your attitude to them.
You’ve managed to find a kind word almost about all hotel stuff and I thank you for your generosity.
We know quite well about our week points: rooms need renovation; sometimes there is noise in the room when you are living next to people not observing hotel rules and some other poor factors in our service. You never complain and pay attention only to positive moments. You are a very particular guest and I‘ll be happy to get acquainted to you personally to charge myself with a positive energy.
Thank you for some useful prompts given to our potential guests which help them to know us better.

Looking forward to hosting you again! Please find me in the hotel!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Travelling to St Petersburg by myself I was filled with some trepidation; but on arrival at the Ambassador hotel I felt immediately at ease. The staff on the front desk were excellent and check in went smoothly. My room was spotless and comfortable. I ate in the restaurant each night and enjoyed the variety of food available. Breakfast is also of a high standard. My only complaint was that during my stay there were many groups in the hotel. This made it difficult to find a seat at breakfast time ( and I tried different times!)
Special thanks to the concierge and restaurant manager who were extremely helpful. I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank seaneale
Management response:Responded 27 September 2017

Dear Guest!
Thank you for a very positive value of our hotel! I am always saying that the most important thing in forming your opinion on the hotel is a meeting. I am happy that it went smoothly and quickly. Another important point forming your impression of the hotel is a cleanliness of the room. Fortunately these two positions were satisfactory with you.
I can agree with you that sometimes it is not easy to find a vacant table during the breakfast. It happens mainly because of a long stay at the tables group tourists who like to sit at the tables by hours just for a talk. Of course, they do not care about the need of other guests. I should notice that after 9:30 a.m. there are a lot of spare tables in the restaurant because the group tourist have gone for sightseeing tours. I dare say that to have breakfast in the hall when there are only few people is also discomfortable because you start to think if you are staying in the right hotel where there are no guests. We are really very popular in the city and hotel is often overcrowded.
Please, come again! We will be happy.