All reviewsfloor restauranttop floorswimming poollobby bargreat breakfast buffetwithin walking distancetour grouprooms are comfortablestandard roomsouvenir shopgeorgian restaurantwifi connectionopen the windowdecent sizetourist attractionsexcellent hotelreception desk
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Very clean and centrally located.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. Restaurant and breakfast is very good and reasonably priced by Western standards. Breakfast was Great with large variety.
Recommended!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Dear Guest!
Thank you for your extremely positive comments and recommendations for our future guests. Hope they will follow your advice and be our guests.
If you happened to come again to our city we will be happy to host you.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The room was fairly big, although there was a faint smell of urine in the bathroom. One bed smelled of perfume and the other smelled of tiger balm. Otherwise, the carpets were clean. If you forgot your toothbrush, they do supply free of charge.

Location was not bad. It is still a 20-30 min walk to the main street. It is in a fairly safe area. There is fast free Wi-Fi which is a bonus. Staff were on the whole, friendly. The lobby and restaurant and hallways are all well maintained.

The restaurant food was passable. We had a pork and spaghetti dinner there as our "farewell dinner" during our tour. Sauce was good, but the meat was rather tough. The dessert Crème Brulee was a bit on the runny side. Breakfast was ok. Potatoes were a little soggy.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear Guest!
Thank you for your comments! We shall take unto consideration all your remarks and advices. We always appreciate opinion of our guests aiming to improve our service. Your attentive eye of an experienced traveler helps us to be more attentive to details which make good service. We will be happy if you come to us again! Please, welcome!

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days/nights. The room was very comfortable, the bed first class. All modern things you expect from a hotel were there: airco, minibar, safe, etc. Breakfast was nice too, lots of choice. I cannot find any major flaws, so thumbs up.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your kind words towards us! Four days are quite enough to love the place or not. Fortunately we did not disappoint you during your stay and we are happy about it.
We are running for 10 years and to keep the high standards of service is our main goal. Thanks to our guests we were awarded the certificate of quality by the version of Trip advisor. In your letter we’ve got the approval that we deserve it
We will be happy to host you again in Ambassador!

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Well after the last hotel in St Petersburg, this was a dream. When I realised I was not going to stay and work in the city and that the hotel I was in was so vile, I moved to this one.

Brilliant idea and I got a good deal checking via this site. I did get a room upgrade and this was fantastic with great views. When I arrived at the hotel my bags were whisked away from me and I was checked in.

I didn't get to use the pool or fitness centre initially as I was going to use the next day. Unfortunately, about 04:30 in the morning I was hit with the most dreadful food poisoning. I had only eaten two places the restaurant close to the mosquito infested hotel and the restaurant here.

Personally, I don't care where it came from the staff here were fantastic. They called a doctor with no charge, extended my room for the same rate as I had for the first night and the room service was very efficient.

No one ever thinks they will get ill travelling, but when you do you need a hotel that can help, with staff that speak your language and there is an air of efficiency and caring

Well done to everyone at the Ambassador Hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to come back again

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest!
Thank you that you managed to see the most important part of hotel - stuff. You can eat by golden spoon but this does not make service. I feel really sorry that you’ve experienced a lot of discomfort with your disease but it happens sometimes when you are changing your food addiction. When you are ill it is really does not matter where you’ve eaten and what it was but I dare assure you that our food is always of high quality strictly controlled.
I hope that everything has passed and you are better now. Sorry that your contact to a stuff was because of sad circumstances but I hope when you come to us next time you will find more interesting subjects for the contact to us.
We shall be pleased to organize for you tours to places where there are no crowds of tourists but places deserve to visit.
You are the most welcome!

Reviewed 5 September 2016

As part of an Overseas Adventure Travel tour group, Ambassador Hotel was booked for our late August visit, the end of the tour. I had elected to stay an extra three nights, to see all that Petersburg has to offer. The guest relations manager assured that I would occupy the same room as was booked by the tour company. Staff members are pleasant and eager to assist guests with recommendations and advice. Although the hotel restaurant and Lobby Bar are excellent, I found Toscana Grill a block away. This excellent restaurant specializes in Mediterranean cuisine, but on my first visit I had borscht and beef stroganoff, and of course, vodka (spelled boдka).

Room 724 is clean, comfortable and quiet, providing a welcome night’s rest without earplugs☺ Ambassador was newly constructed in 2005, but appears to have been built many decades ago, in the architectural style local residents prefer. An endless breakfast buffet is on the ninth floor, and stairs lead to a special events area above, which I found to provide excellent photo opportunities. And the night views of the historic buildings are phenomenal. There is no charge for the indoor pool or fitness center before 11:00am, but there is a nominal fee for use after that hour.

The only thing I found disagreeable is the long walk to historic sites. Although the subway entrance is two blocks away, I didn’t know which direction each train went, how to purchase tickets, or at which stop to exit. As in any major city (Petersburg has more than five million residents), pickpocket scoundrels abound. Advice: I carry an old wallet with a few dollars and local currency, along with an expired credit card. I keep a current credit card and cash in a simple leather pouch that hangs inside my shirt. If robbed, I lose little, but if I claim I don’t have anything, there’s a risk of injury. Hand over the fake wallet and pray for the desperate person.

Room Tip: Best views are from rooms facing north
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Guest,
I was reading your story with great interest and curiosity. It is always interesting to learn how your city is looking like in stranger’ eyes. Thank you for your very positive view on life! Thank you to find time to describe everything in details.
Of course it is not very easy to be oriented in a strange city but if you make your route in advance we will be happy to explain the shortest way to the place of destination. Besides all young generation in the streets speak English and they are always eager to practice foreign language.
I feel really sorry for the situation with your wallet. Unfortunately St.Petersburg is not an exception with stealing wallets though it happens not so often.
Now you know where to stay if you return to our city. We will be happy to host you!.