“An excellent place to stay in St Petersburg”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #49 of 364 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Situated in a side street near to a park, it does not at first glace, seem like the perfect place to stay. However, walk through the door and opinions soon change. It is luxurious in a sparkly sort of way. Every member of staff (and there are lots of them) we came across was superb and approached guests with an old fashioned style of courtesy. The front desk and concierge were excellent.
Our travel agent had told the hotel that it was my wife's birthday treat and so on arrival we were told that our room was upgraded. We took one of the 4 lifts up to our floor. And what a room with a superb view of St. Petersburg over the rooftops. It was equipped with everything we needed including a shoe horn and clothes brush. Nice old fashioned touches. Spotlessly clean, fantastic shower, quiet A/C and a marvelous bed. Breakfast is an event with a panoramic view. The choice was amazing and was constantly replenished. The waiting staff were quietly efficient. Granted it is not in the middle of the city but it is only a 10min walk to St Isaacs Square and 7 min to nearest Metro station. The Metro is superb, totally safe, clean, bright and costs about 40p each (yes 40p) to travel to any part of the city. Why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: Upper floors at the rear
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for your extremely positive and flattering comments about our hotel.
What surprised me the most – style of your letter. Very few people possess a gift of epistolary genre. Your letter is a good example to follow. I even do not know what to answer you because you’ve mentioned almost everyone and everything like positive moments of your stay with us.
The only thing which is left for me is to invite you again to be our dear Guest!

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Very clean and centrally located.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. Restaurant and breakfast is very good and reasonably priced by Western standards. Breakfast was Great with large variety.
Recommended!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Dear Guest!
Thank you for your extremely positive comments and recommendations for our future guests. Hope they will follow your advice and be our guests.
If you happened to come again to our city we will be happy to host you.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The room was fairly big, although there was a faint smell of urine in the bathroom. One bed smelled of perfume and the other smelled of tiger balm. Otherwise, the carpets were clean. If you forgot your toothbrush, they do supply free of charge.

Location was not bad. It is still a 20-30 min walk to the main street. It is in a fairly safe area. There is fast free Wi-Fi which is a bonus. Staff were on the whole, friendly. The lobby and restaurant and hallways are all well maintained.

The restaurant food was passable. We had a pork and spaghetti dinner there as our "farewell dinner" during our tour. Sauce was good, but the meat was rather tough. The dessert Crème Brulee was a bit on the runny side. Breakfast was ok. Potatoes were a little soggy.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear Guest!
Thank you for your comments! We shall take unto consideration all your remarks and advices. We always appreciate opinion of our guests aiming to improve our service. Your attentive eye of an experienced traveler helps us to be more attentive to details which make good service. We will be happy if you come to us again! Please, welcome!

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days/nights. The room was very comfortable, the bed first class. All modern things you expect from a hotel were there: airco, minibar, safe, etc. Breakfast was nice too, lots of choice. I cannot find any major flaws, so thumbs up.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your kind words towards us! Four days are quite enough to love the place or not. Fortunately we did not disappoint you during your stay and we are happy about it.
We are running for 10 years and to keep the high standards of service is our main goal. Thanks to our guests we were awarded the certificate of quality by the version of Trip advisor. In your letter we’ve got the approval that we deserve it
We will be happy to host you again in Ambassador!

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Well after the last hotel in St Petersburg, this was a dream. When I realised I was not going to stay and work in the city and that the hotel I was in was so vile, I moved to this one.

Brilliant idea and I got a good deal checking via this site. I did get a room upgrade and this was fantastic with great views. When I arrived at the hotel my bags were whisked away from me and I was checked in.

I didn't get to use the pool or fitness centre initially as I was going to use the next day. Unfortunately, about 04:30 in the morning I was hit with the most dreadful food poisoning. I had only eaten two places the restaurant close to the mosquito infested hotel and the restaurant here.

Personally, I don't care where it came from the staff here were fantastic. They called a doctor with no charge, extended my room for the same rate as I had for the first night and the room service was very efficient.

No one ever thinks they will get ill travelling, but when you do you need a hotel that can help, with staff that speak your language and there is an air of efficiency and caring

Well done to everyone at the Ambassador Hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to come back again

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest!
Thank you that you managed to see the most important part of hotel - stuff. You can eat by golden spoon but this does not make service. I feel really sorry that you’ve experienced a lot of discomfort with your disease but it happens sometimes when you are changing your food addiction. When you are ill it is really does not matter where you’ve eaten and what it was but I dare assure you that our food is always of high quality strictly controlled.
I hope that everything has passed and you are better now. Sorry that your contact to a stuff was because of sad circumstances but I hope when you come to us next time you will find more interesting subjects for the contact to us.
We shall be pleased to organize for you tours to places where there are no crowds of tourists but places deserve to visit.
You are the most welcome!