See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Facilities are in poor condition, reparation seemed to be long ago. No water in the room. No mini-bar. Breakfast is almost awful. You would also need to keep registration card to have breakfast - there is a security guy that checks if you have this piece of paper with you - just telling your room number is not enough - crazy. No more stay in this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
KiraAH, service director at Art-Hotel Karelia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear Stepan, thanks for your review!
We will do our best to improve untill your next visit!
Regards, Kira Horm, service director

Reviewed 14 August 2015

Big hotel outside city center...a little difficult o go by own car but finally we fond it with Navigator.
I was waiting old faschion Sovet style hotels like few still left here in SPB.We came late in the evening around 2100 time ,very hungry but offcourse main restaurant already closed so we decided to take something from lobby bar.Room simple but in general with this price not the worst !! Its about ok. Resceptionist was very serious like past time Sovjet hotels...no smiling and so on..however we got the room.Lobbybar waiter running here and there but didnt have time to asking us anything...we were also thirsty and wanted to get drinks immediately ..ok we got it after "half hour" waiting.I liked to eat some simple pizza and from menu all Basic pizzas missing so i took pizza with samon and shrims..honestly i can say ..i newer eated so terrible pizza !!!
Breakfast was about ok with this price,very simple but inc.all minimum necessary things.

Room tip: Rooms not toward main road.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
KiraAH, service director at Art-Hotel Karelia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Mattisaki, thanks for your review!
We are located 15-minutes drive from the city center, though quite close to the ring road which is really convinient for travellers coming by car.
We have a fully renewed lobby-bar and restaurant right now, openning hours 7-23:00. We'll be happy to welcome you again!
Regards, Kira Horm, service director

Reviewed 22 May 2015

I booked a suite. It was nice very clean with almost all the necessary things that one might need for a long stay.
Buffet breakfast was Ok. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel is located in a quite place with easy access to the historical sites using a public transportation.

Room tip: I am not using a hair dryer, but my daughter who enters the room immediately noticed that this was missing. there is no iron / iron board in room, but there is a separate room for this type of activity. Free Wireless internet was available in a hotel, but not in my room. There were, however, several secured spots with a strong signal.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
OlesyaDmitrievna, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Art-Hotel Karelia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Karelia Business Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Head of Fron Department
Olesya Gayduchenok

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The price was really good, as for St. Petersburg in busy time. Bulding is 11 floors apartment house, and is old, but renewed.

Breakfast was ok, can't complain.

Rooms are not very high standard but clean, same bathroom. Unfortunately bathroom was stinking a little bit from the pipes, not sure if that is normal, or just an accident. I felt the same smell in the area (few streets), so maybe it was some general failure. I closed the door to bathroom for the night and did not feel this smell.

The service is really nice, there is nice and cheap souvenirs shop downstairs.

Wifi was not very fast, but working quite stable.

When I was ther, there was a lot of tourists from China, so I had to wait in queue for breakfast, but not so long.

I would recommend this hotel for budget travellers.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GraffitiLHostel, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Art-Hotel Karelia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

public relation manager
Olesya.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Avoid this hotel. Noisy in front of a building site, with men working till 11 pm ever on sundays.
To small breafast room, so that you have to stay for half an hour in line to get something to eat. Never more.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Renate A