“Very pleasant”
Review of Comfort Hotel

Comfort Hotel
Ranked #14 of 358 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Comfortable and very well located, good value. Staff was extremely helpful!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Haubie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

The Comfort Hotel combines a great location with superb service. It is just a short walk to the Hermitage, St. Isaacs Cathedral, Neva River, etc. The staff were exceedingly pleasant, excellent in assisting in the complicated visa process, patient in answering questions before & after we arrived, and they recommended tasty and fun restaurants nearby. The regular rooms are small by US standards, but very comfortable with air conditioning that really works! The hotel is quiet, the lounge room very nice for a coffee & cookie anytime of the day or night. Breakfast, which is offered next door in the Italian restaurant is modest but perfectly ok. I highly recommend the Comfort Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jagz
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed here for 2 overnight stops in St. Petersburg en route to and from Tajikistan. The location is perfect - close to everyhing I wanted to see during a short visit. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and helpful - lots of information about St. Petersburg, discounts at local restaurants, etc

Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CalgaryBassett
Natalia G, General Manager at Comfort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear CalgaryBassett

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Соmfort Hotel. Hope your stay in St. Petersburg was full of bright impressions. It is great to hear that you like our location, staff and atmosphere. It is very important for us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in near future.

Please, check up for special offers in our web-site or Facebook page.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights the first week in April with my 16 year old son. LOVED it!
I could begin and end my review with "Yes! Just stay here!" and you would have to read no further.
The front desk is manned by young people with excellent, friendly attitudes. They really make the place special! All had great English. They were wonderful to talk to in general conversation and also to ask ANY question. I had them help me with simple Russian phrases and all sorts of things. They are happy to make restaurant recommendations and reservations and can give you discounts at several restaurants. Talk to the front desk staff and use them as the valuable resource that they are!
The "coffee" room is right off the front desk and has a t.v. and a machine that dispenses coffee/cappucino/hot tea/espresso/hot chocolate and there is always some type of little cookie or other snack laid out all at no charge. There is also a pitcher of filtered water and we often filled our water bottles here. WONDERFUL! It became our routine to pop back in late in the afternoon to warm up and put our feet up and enjoy a hot beverage (it was snowing while we were there). It is so centrally located that if you're out and about, it would be far easier to pop back into the hotel for a quick (free!) coffee than to pay for a (pricey!) coffee at a coffee shop. This room is also a nice place to sit at the several little tables and meet and chat with fellow travellers. And it gives you a place to get out of your room a bit.
The location of this hotel is PERFECT! PERFECT!!!!! I was so glad we didn't book at any of the other places we were looking at. This is on a great, very safe, very attractive street, surrounded by restaurants and cafes at all price points and there are several small groceries near by. Just a very nice area. Very close (about 2-3 blocks) from the new Admiraltskaya metro station (so handy!) and for us we loved that there was a Teremok (the Russian fast food blini restaurant) just down the street. Every afternoon we stopped in Teremok and then brought back our blinis to eat in the coffee room with a coffee and a hot chocolate (after the front desk staff coached us in how to say "Take-away/To go".....vzat s soboy). All the sights of St. Petersburg are close by. You can be at the Hermitage in just a few minutes. The location made it wonderful for strolling about.
Breakfast: This was of the utmost importance to us since I have a hungry teenaged boy. The first morning I thought "Oh ugh, we have to walk down the street!" because the breakfast is served at the Massimo Sicilia Italian restaurant maybe 1-2 doors down, but I realized this was NO BIG DEAL. Even though it was still winter while we were there, we just threw a scarf around our necks and made the dash down to the restaurant in the snow. Kind of fun! The restaurant isn't open for breakfast to the public, just to Comfort Hotel guests, so there was no confusion. They give you a menu (Russian on one side, English on the other). You have your choice of 3 juices, plus coffee or tea, and breakfast includes a yummy croissant kind of pastry with jam AND a bowl of "porridge" (so good!) which you can get nuts and raisins in or served with a dollop of butter AND you get your choice of about 5 hot entrees (blini, eggs & bacon which were great, omelette, fried cheese curds, a breakfast sandwich...). We tried them all and liked everything. The breakfast filled us up so that we never ate lunch (saving a lot of money) and only had late afternoon "snacks" from Teremok.
All correspondence with them in advance was answered promptly and with a friendly tone. I booked through their website and they had several specials available and they were sweet as could be as I switched around which "special" I wanted to use. I ended up using them to get the tourist vouchers and all the other paperwork needed for the Visa (I'm American) as they were less expensive to do this paperwork than my Moscow hotel and just seemed more personal to work with. They made it all very easy and included all dates for our entire trip. All you have to do is give them exact dates of where you will be on what dates and what hotel you're staying at in each city and they write up the documents for you. Easy as pie!
We had our choice of rooms, and ended up booking room #205 which is a corner room with 4 large, sunny windows (with blinds and shades that blocked the light at night, though). There is a flat screen t.v. in the room with several Western language stations (I think there were 3-4 English stations, mostly news/sports and I think a Discovery Channel station). We also considered a room that had a computer in the room. The bathroom was nice-sized and had a large bathtub. The shower was a little quirky in getting the showerhead to point the right way and the water was so hot (never thought i would complain about this in Europe!) that the first few mornings we struggled to figure out how to get it below scalding level but the problem was probably less with the shower and more with our unfamiliarity with Russian plumbing. These are MINOR issues, though. My teen son somehow ended up leaking water all over when he showered, but I remedied that by making kind of a dam on the tub with the bathmats and housekeeping left me extra bathmats after the first night.
There is a blowdryer in the room.
Lotion, shower gel, soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower caps are all provided and you can always ask for me at the front desk.
We made good use of both the "public" computer across from the front desk, and the free wifi throughout the hotel.
There is an elevator in the building, but we generally used the stairs as it was only 1 floor up.
There is a secure ATM in the builiding on the ground floor near the stairwell/elevator.
Excellent security.
I also used them to book transfer back to the airport when we left. They said they could call me a cab for about 800 rubles cash, or use their private transfer driver (who is an employee at the hotel, so we knew him) for 1200 (1500?) rubles. I went with the latter simply because I wanted to pay with my business credit card (the cost was added to my bill). Transfer went incredibly smoothly to get us to our 7 a.m. flight.
There is a Georgian restaurant in the block with the Admiraltskaya metro station (between the McDonalds and the metro station) that translates as "Don't Grieve" but in Russian is "Ne something or another". It is in the basement on the same side as the subway entrance and has some mustached Georgian men on the sign. It is family owned/run and is SUPERB! Now we know why Russians like Georgian food so much. They speak little to no English but the menu is in both Russian and English and they are friendly and there are pictures for everything on the menu so it's easy to point to order. Good beer! The "cheese bread" (Khachapurri and the rest) and the shish kebabs are out of this world and hearty and very reasonably priced. Lots of other interesting dishes also to experiment with, all for a good price. LOVE IT!!!!! One evening we arrived and there was a large family party taking place with lots of toasts and drinking and merriment and small children dressed up and running about. Very fun to be able to watch! :)

I did notice that smoking was actually allowed here, but they really urged guests to smoke outside the building. I noticed NO smoke odor whatsoever in either our room or the common areas (and I'm very sensitive!) and never saw anyone smoke.

One thing.....there is no clock in the room (though they do wake-up calls) so you might want to bring your own. I was glad to have brought my alarm clock.

In summary: Super friendly, very helpful, bright & cheerful, perfect location, good price, free coffee (!!!!), computers and wifi! Easy to recommend and I would return back here in a second!

Room Tip: If you tell them what you want in a room (quiet, a computer, bigger room.....) they will tell you wh...