1,306 results
All reviewsw hotelrooftop barbliss spatrendy hotelfabulous roomtop floorliving roomnespresso machineisaac's cathedrallocation is greatfour seasonsroom ratespecial thankspalace squareconcierge servicemini barwinter palace
Reviewed 21 August 2015

We had a great stay at the W St Petersburg- so great that we extended our stay an extra night! The staff were all amazing- genuinely sweet and went out of their way to help make our stay exceptional. Our room was on the top floor with a view of monuments, city and blue skies (we got lucky with weather). The roof top terrace is stunning with good bar food (hummus plate was great) and creative cocktails. Amazing spa services with one of the best masseuses we've had and a serious pedi that left me with baby feet and seems to be lasting well. Thanks for the great stay!

We've stayed at a few W's around, and this is for sure in the top 2 (this and Verbier). Highly reccomend for a shor or extended stay in the city.

Room Tip: great views on the top (8th) floor/roof top terrase, excellent spa
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
WSTP, General Manager at SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Dear acpc27, I would like to thank you for such a pleasant review. I would personally appreciate it if you could come back to us again and stay as long as you can. We still have plenty of surprises for you to discover: for example, our W Insider will be more than happy to share you some tips out and about town. I assure you that all of your gratitude will be passed to our teams and I am looking forward to seeing you again.

General Manager.

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

I've never left a review for a hotel, but my stay at the W. St. Petersburg was so incredible I felt like I had to let others know so they can enjoy it just as much as I did.

I've stayed at a lot of W. hotels around the world and this is the first one I've been to where I truly experienced their motto of "Whatever Whenever." Not to mention their perfect city location and gorgeous rooftop views.

From the moment we arrived, every member of the staff there made sure our stay was perfect not only in the hotel, but that we enjoyed and experienced all and everything St. Petersburg had to offer. It was awesome that they also had a 24/7 What's App concierge contact for us to message in case there was anything we needed - never seen that before at a hotel.

Their bellman, Alex walked us late in the evening to a nearby market so that we can get some goods for our room. He let us know that if there was anything we needed at anytime we can give him a call and he would help us.

Kate at the front desk was our St. Petersburg angel. Handled everything for us A-Z, even when she was not on the clock at the hotel. Anything from giving us recommendations for non touristy restaurants so we can experience the city like locals, or telling us the best sites we should visit on our short stay, or arranging all of our tours, or giving us some ideas on local bars or nightclubs to go out too. She was there for us 24/7 anytime of day or night.

Both the staff and W. Hotel made us fall in love with St. Petersburg and bc of that, there is no doubt I will be coming back to visit again as a W. Hotel guest!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
WSTP, General Manager at SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2015

Dear Gabriel S, thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Our team members send their warmest greetings and are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We had two rooms for our family of four. Fabulous twin (rm 502) and Spectacular king (rm 504) for my wife and I. They were facing the back of the Four Seasons Hotel. Which was quiet but not much of a view. We used the help of the concierge staff; in particular Natalie to help with our touring of this great city. The Spa area is small but very nicely appointed with Sauna, Steam Bath, Hot Tub, small pool and work out room (no charge). The roof top bar is a must see; the service was slow but the view made up for that.

Tip: Use Uber Black everywhere very inexpensive in dollar terms and always a new BMW or MB.

Stayed: August 2015

Dear stetson,

Thank you so much for your positive review. Your gratitude have been transferred to our stuff. I would suggest you to book through our SPG Preferences app next time you visit us to choose a room with the best view. I will be looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed 16 August 2015

for spg gold members check-in was possible even at 11am. upgrade policy was not convincing. if asked for room clean or repairs everything was done quickly. however filling up nespresso coffee tabs failed for the whole stay. swimming pool for such hotel class is not enough, spa is satisfactory, but I would expect much more

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
WSTP, General Manager at SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Dear Vitaly E,

I would like to thank for taking your time to write this review. I am glad that you were overall satisfied from your visit and even managed to get checked in earlier into an upgraded room. I am sorry for the Nespresso refill, I have already followed up to have this small issue fixed. I would glad if you could come back to us again to discover the ultra-effective treatments and to relax in a spacious Jacuzzi and lounge zone.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

I stayed here with my husband and three children and we all loved it. The roof terrace is a particular highlight with amazing views of St Isaac's and across the city. How I wish I was back there now!

The rooms were impeccable - we stayed in a suite and the children had 'Wonderful' rooms. The staff were really helpful and friendly, remembering that you had Earl Grey tea and Green tea at breakfast etc and very happy to help you with advice about where to visit, information on more offbeat areas etc. The hotel is ideally located for St Isaac's cathedral, a short walk to the Hermitage, the main shopping area etc. Lovely swimming pool albeit small with a steam room etc. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and would love to return.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
WSTP, General Manager at SO/ Sofitel St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Dear hallamfoe,

Thank you so much for such a generous and open-hearted comment regarding your stay at W St. Petersburg. I have transferred your gratitude to my team and I would like to assure you we are expecting you visiting us again in the nearest future!