“Dissapointment”

Holiday Inn Moscow Sokolniki
Ranked #27 of 327 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I am staying in this hotel now. I usually stay at other places in Moscow, but this time we have a conference in Holiday Inn, so I decided to try to stay here.

The temperature in my room is 23 Celsius, and I cannot get it any lower. I feel very uncomfortable, I like 18-19. Complained to a gentleman at the reception, he said that 23 is the lowest temperature I can get at this time. I asked him to open the balcony door in my room (it is locked), and he replied that they cannot do it. He offered to move me to other room tomorrow, where a window can be opened, but for today he had no suggestions for me.

The water pressure is very low, water temperature is switching frequently by itself, so you have to be careful while taking a shower.

I am paying around $E300 per night for this hotel, and I think I should be able to regulate temperature so I feel comfortable and can sleep well during the night.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank kab243
Andrei P, Hotel Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Sokolniki, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear guest,
We are very grateful for your critical comment and we will do our best to avoid such situations in the future. We have had a special training for the reception regarding the restrictor installations and how to act in similar situations. If you are still staying at the hotel please contact the front desk or hotel management. We would be happy to make sure the restrictor is installed and the rest of your stay is pleasant. We also hope that the next time you are in Moscow, you stay at our hotel to let us prove that we take each complaint seriously and work to serve our guests in the best possible way.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

This is a great hotel to stay at. This was our first time to Russia so we booked something we knew. The front desk staff speak great english and are very friendly. The room was spacious with a good sized bathroom on the 14th floor. Plenty of elevators so never waited more than a minute despite the fact the hotel was very busy. The location of the hotel is great ; across the street is the metro station (6 stops 15mins to Red Square station with no changes). On the downside, the hotel is very expensive including room service , restaurant , bar/grill and cafe. Eat in the bar twice , good food but £15/$22 each for a burger,fries and beer is pricy. Next to the Hotel is a shopping area that has a range of restaurants including a noodle bar where a simple meat with noodles meal and beer cost around £17/$28 for TWO. Also across the parking lot is a mcDonalds if you want a quick meal. Interestingly it had a "McCafe" section that did teas/coffee cakes,pasteries etc; we used it twice , very good and quite reasonably priced.
Also across the street from the hotel is a supermarket in a shopping center. Excellent range of food etc , a couple of times we bought ham/cheese/bread etc and had a 'picnic' in the hotel room.

If you are looking for a hassle-free , clean and tidy place to stay then this is a great place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The hotel is well positioned if you ise the subway, subway stop is in front of the Hotel (Sokolniki stop) and it's only 5 subway stop if you come from Domodedovo airport and you took the train to reach Moscow (about RUB 320). The area is quite close to the city centre, just 6 subway stops and it's quiet and quite safe, which is important in Moscow. The hotel looks quite good considering it's an Holiday Inn. The lobby is clean but nothing special, 6 elevators and 18 floors. People at the desk is kind and cheerful and they speak English quite well. I got an Executive Suite being Platinum Priority Member. The room was clean, 2 bathrooms, one huge living room, one bed room and 2 plasma dispays. The furniture were medium-low level but in a good conditions. Breakfast was quite good and with different choices and acceptable from the quality point of view, it's difficult to have good quality food in Russia. The hotel is safe and there is vigilance people inside and outside and you need to put the card inside the elevator to reach your floor. It's very difficult to find a good quality/price hotel in Moscow, everything is very expensive, from food to hotels. I paid Euro 225,00/night including breakfast and taxes for an Holiday Inn, the average price is Europe is 40% cheaper for this network but this is Russia. This hotel would not be my first choice in Moscow if I can choose.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rosp
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Moscow Sokolniki, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Rosp,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am happy you found our hotels cleanliness and service pleasing. That is why it is troubling to hear you will not be returning. I apologize for any shortcomings. We find our room rates are quite comparable to other hotels of the same level in this area. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I travel the world and I'm tired of bad hotels. This Holiday Inn would just be a clean, average hotel in the US but for Moscow it's great. It's new, it's clean, it has restaurants and markets nearby, good beds, good water, good WiFi, quiet rooms, non-smoking rooms, and it's reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank MPChicago13
Reviewed 3 February 2012

nice ; clean ; big hotel . very good breakfast.
helpful staff ; very polite ; educated ..... etc.
the dinner was terrible !!!

Room Tip: upper rooms it's butter ; you never hear noice