See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The dinner food choice and quality is quite good, also it is nice to sit in the beergarden if weather allows. The room rate is OK - in Moscow comparision of course. Breakfast still can be improved a bit.
Rooms are clean and equiped with split AC, which I prefer over the central system, wifi is working. In the basement there is a sauna room.
Reception staff is really helpful, if you are new in Moscow.
If you want to ride metro, Sokol station is max. 20 minutes walk from the hotel, ask for the direction at the reception. If you urgently need something there is a small supermarket + pharmacy in 7 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JJ31415
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The food is average, and no one goes to Moscow for the cuisine, the rooms are clean and, for the price reasonable. The free wifi fast, and the cigar room a pleasure.

The staff went out of their way to help to first time Moscow travellers, and I can't rate them highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Nothing special to say. Clean rooms but a bit outdated (80ties style) and not as overpriced as other places in Moscow (in any other city, the hotel would be totally overpriced). Staff good, breakfast average. Nothing special to mention.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2012

As this is the second time visiting this hotel I will just add to my new experience from my last visit and the changes that has been done. (Look for my review "Average" earlier)

This time I got a room away from the garden, which is still playing music until quite late.
All rooms now have air conditioned rooms, so the window was kept closed to keep the noise away from the street. I still found the air condition a bit hard to operate as it had several functions. My room ended up to cold in the morning. I did not find a manual for it either.
The mini-bar was operating very silent this time.

The internet has now changed so that it is an open internet connection for all visitors to use. At times I had problems getting a good signal on any of my three devices (laptop, tablet and smart phone).

We had one meal in the backyard restaurant. This time I had grilled veal which was tender and moist, so the experience was better this time than the previous visit.

Breakfast is now a bit simpler than before. You are now not able to order omelet or fried eggs from the chef. A broader variety could be better.

All in all the visit was ok, but to get a higher rating from me I expect to get better instructions on the air condition, better internet connection and better variety on breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the internet router to get a better signal.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Be ready to use taxi every time - hotel is quite far from public transport (metro, bus).
The new SCKA footbol stadium is under construction next to hotel - it can be noisy even at night. So, avoid rooms on the lobby side of hotel - those windows overlook the construction site. Actually, hotel staffs several times (over a 5 days stay there) refuse my requests to move to an opposite site room (they call it Beergarden side). On my order for bottle of hot water (I had made my own tea) - they took me ones with coffee smell:)
Rooms is clean and you will get 2 hours of sauna for free. Reed carefully all conditions in room - the owner charges for any trifle!
Food was really various and testy!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business