Assambleya Nikitskaya
Peking Hotel(Moscow)
US$ 93
US$ 85
US$ 121
Novotel Moscow City(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
US$ 148
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
AZIMUT Hotel Olympic Moscow(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$ 62
  • Pool
Novotel Moscow Centre(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$ 57
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Moscow Suschevsky(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$ 65
US$ 63
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Vega Hotel & Convention Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$ 49
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$ 77
US$ 68
Priceline
US$ 318
US$ 307
  • Pool
All reviewssmall hotelgreat locationred squareroof windowsmall lobbyroom servicethe hotel staffcan't beat the locationfew minutes walkkremlin wallsriver cruisegood sizewould stay here againa great stayspoke very good englishhotel is perfecttwin beds
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Location is approx 500m walk from Red Square and some of the main shopping streets, also up to 4 metro stations are less than 1km away.

Rooms adequate, clean, well serviced and nicely sized, probably equivalent to a 3 star hotel, no complaints there. Free WIFI worked well too.

Staff seemed to say "no" more often than `'yes", no major problems but they just didnt seem to be as customer-centric as you expected even from a 2-3 start hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Tripper21
Reviewed 7 December 2011

... but after taking my reservation by phone - and asking for my credit card number to guarantee it since it was the last available room - the hotel staff gave my room away while I was on a nine-hour flight from Vladivostok to Moscow.

Awful feeling to fly that far, arrive exhausted and late at night, and be told you have nowhere to sleep.

If you have a choice, stay somewhere else - perhaps a place where the management won't screw over a traveller just because someone else is waving cash under their nose...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank markmacCanada
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have always got what I paid for or less, but it was not to be at the Assambleya Nikitsaya - where I got absolutely great customer service and more than what I paid for.

I arrived at the hotel in the night and was greeted by a very pleasant young lady at the counter who spoke very fluently in english. As I had 2 bags to take upstairs to my room, one of the front desk staff, without any hesitation, immediately grabbed my bag and took it up to my room. Even though I told him that I would be ok carrying 2 bags to the 3rd floor, he insisted on helping me.

Later on in the night, I came down to the reception desk to ask for information on the Kremlin and Red Square tours, Viktoria went out of her way to explain the sights and tours to me. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call to my room 10 minutes later, where she had gone online and provided me with very useful additional information to make my walking tour of the area more fruitful.

Upon my departure, once again, my bag was taken out without hesitation to my taxi. This is unbelievable customer service, which is not found in hotels theses days.

I found my room be very clean and tidy. Even though small, and on the 3rd floor with a skylight, but without a window to look out, I found it quite cozy. The bed was very comfortable, and the TV did have BBC news in english. The bathroom had no bathtub, but I was satisfied with the shower. The amenities were of good quality, and even included a toothbrush and paste. Modern thermostats were installed, and heating/cooling was no problem. WiFi was free and had a very good speed.

My breakfast was included in the room rate, and as the breakfast area was rather small, and on the recommendation of Viktoria, I decided to have breakfast in my room by filling in the provided breakfast order and hanging it on by doorknob. Breakfast arrived right on time, with no mistakes on my (complicated) order.

All the hotel staff that helped me spoke very good english, which was very different to the other people I met in Moscow, which included the counter staff at the McDonalds who could not understand the word "milk" which I needed for my coffee. By the way, there are 3 McDonald restaurants within walking distance!

The hotel was within a few minutes walking distance to the Kremlin, Red Square, and many other sights.

Yes, this was an absolute jewel of a place, and great value for what I paid. I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank robbiemp
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Excellent hotel, convenient location and very helpful staff. Rooms were very nice and spacious. Breakfast was a marginal but overall a very enjoyable 3-night stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim13020
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Greetings ~ Stayed at the Assambleya the last week in Oct and I LOVED it. The people there were so amazingly nice and unbelievably helpful...it boggles the mind. Everyone there from the bar staff to the porters and cleaning staff were just the nicest people you would ever want to meet and made my stay there so comfortable. Special thanks to Nikita, the charming young man at the front desk who really went out of his way to take care of every little thing that I might need, and a couple things like internet help ( I didn't carry any electronic devices, ) a much better map then the one I had, that were invaluable.
The Room was magnificent, and when I came back for my last night from St Petersburg, the Second room was even MORE grande. Bed was Soooo comfy, and there was a rather large sitting area with table and chairs, and a large bathroom, esp. by European standards.
The hotel was quite full while I stayed there and I opted to take breakfast in my room every monring to make room for more guests downstairs in the small dining area. This turned out to be preferable. The breakfast every morning was delicious and fit for a king AND his army. Room service was available and at prices that were not much different than what you might find outside the hotel...The view was great and I could even see part of the light show in the sky, that was going on for three nights in Red Square while I was there. Speaking of which, the hotel is walking distance to just about anything you might have an interest in. Sights of course, but also near several cozy restaurants, a small grocer, the post office, ATMs, Shopping, and the metro. Tip for Americans...We are used to prices being higher on the weekends and less so during the week. Here it was the opposite. So plan accordingly to save even more money.
I loved this hotel and I HIGHLY recommend it for all the ammenities, as well as for the STELLAR people who work there and run it...
Best regards,
LKW

Room Tip: My rooms were both on the street side but it was not an issue for me. Streets were quiet even during the night.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo