“Excellent boutique hotel 10 minutes from the Kremlin” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Assambleya Nikitskaya

Assambleya Nikitskaya
Ranked #56 of 308 Hotels in Moscow
Urbana, Illinois
“Excellent boutique hotel 10 minutes from the Kremlin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

One of the best hotels I have stayed in on three continents. Very friendly service, comfortable room, superbly central location, and reasonable rates. We took breakfast in our room, as the lobby downstairs where it is normally served is on the small side, and guests are asked to eat in shifts. The food was good, portions were generous. Wifi in the room and throughout the hotel was a boon. Remarkably quiet. Strongly recommended.

5 Thank Richard403
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

Location is approx 500m walk from Red Square and some of the main shopping streets, also up to 4 metro stations are less than 1km away.

Rooms adequate, clean, well serviced and nicely sized, probably equivalent to a 3 star hotel, no complaints there. Free WIFI worked well too.

Staff seemed to say "no" more often than `'yes", no major problems but they just didnt seem to be as customer-centric as you expected even from a 2-3 start hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tripper21
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

... but after taking my reservation by phone - and asking for my credit card number to guarantee it since it was the last available room - the hotel staff gave my room away while I was on a nine-hour flight from Vladivostok to Moscow.

Awful feeling to fly that far, arrive exhausted and late at night, and be told you have nowhere to sleep.

If you have a choice, stay somewhere else - perhaps a place where the management won't screw over a traveller just because someone else is waving cash under their nose...

• 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank markmacCanada
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have always got what I paid for or less, but it was not to be at the Assambleya Nikitsaya - where I got absolutely great customer service and more than what I paid for.

I arrived at the hotel in the night and was greeted by a very pleasant young lady at the counter who spoke very fluently in english. As I had 2 bags to take upstairs to my room, one of the front desk staff, without any hesitation, immediately grabbed my bag and took it up to my room. Even though I told him that I would be ok carrying 2 bags to the 3rd floor, he insisted on helping me.

Later on in the night, I came down to the reception desk to ask for information on the Kremlin and Red Square tours, Viktoria went out of her way to explain the sights and tours to me. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call to my room 10 minutes later, where she had gone online and provided me with very useful additional information to make my walking tour of the area more fruitful.

Upon my departure, once again, my bag was taken out without hesitation to my taxi. This is unbelievable customer service, which is not found in hotels theses days.

I found my room be very clean and tidy. Even though small, and on the 3rd floor with a skylight, but without a window to look out, I found it quite cozy. The bed was very comfortable, and the TV did have BBC news in english. The bathroom had no bathtub, but I was satisfied with the shower. The amenities were of good quality, and even included a toothbrush and paste. Modern thermostats were installed, and heating/cooling was no problem. WiFi was free and had a very good speed.

My breakfast was included in the room rate, and as the breakfast area was rather small, and on the recommendation of Viktoria, I decided to have breakfast in my room by filling in the provided breakfast order and hanging it on by doorknob. Breakfast arrived right on time, with no mistakes on my (complicated) order.

All the hotel staff that helped me spoke very good english, which was very different to the other people I met in Moscow, which included the counter staff at the McDonalds who could not understand the word "milk" which I needed for my coffee. By the way, there are 3 McDonald restaurants within walking distance!

The hotel was within a few minutes walking distance to the Kremlin, Red Square, and many other sights.

Yes, this was an absolute jewel of a place, and great value for what I paid. I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank robbiemp
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Excellent hotel, convenient location and very helpful staff. Rooms were very nice and spacious. Breakfast was a marginal but overall a very enjoyable 3-night stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple