All reviewstop floorgreat hotelspacious bathroomroom serviceunirii squarewalking distancenice viewhotel is locatedgymamenitieslinensclujcitydesksuiteromania
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I stayed at this hotel 2 weeks in October. Room had a comfortable king, large desk, wall TV and spacious bathroom (no tub though, only large shower), refrigerator and coffe/tea making amenities, and free wifi. The design is modern, clean and comfortable. The room was on the third floor, facing Sindicatelor St. and a nice view of the Belvedere hotel up on the hill.
Maid service was prompt and good. A continental breakfast was included in the price, with a variety of hot food (eggs, sausage, mushrooms, bacon), cold cuts, yoghurt, cheeses, etc.
I had dinner at their restaurant, but was rather deserted and expensive compared to other restaurants in the city. Food and service was good. The hotel also has a bar and a pool, but I did not use them.
Front desk was helpful in ordering taxi. At checkout there was a mixup with some dinners (added by mistake to my bill) but everything was resolved promptly. The lobby has a couple of computers for guests.
I highly recommend this hotel for stay in Cluj.

Room Tip: Rooms at higher floors facing the front of the hotel have a better view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2018

My wife & I stayed over the New Year period. Could not fault this hotel. The gala new years dinner was superb , with different wines to match each of the 6 plates. The food & wines outstanding. We finished our meal at 23:30 then walked to the main square for the fireworks show next to the Cathedral .

The next day the hotel put on a running brunch buffet from -11:00 to 15:00 which was just what the doctor ordered. A great initiative.

Great customer service all round.

We would definately stay again as all the folks at this hotel are true Hilton ambassadors.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank malbeck3030
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel facilities are almost in line with what you would expect from a Double Tree by Hilton.
But service is really below average: first of all, unlikely what you would expect from an hotel of this category, it will be impossible for you to exchange any foreign currency in local money at the reception desk but, moreover, you won’t be given any valuable advice about how to find an open money exchange office or how to solve your problem. Moreover staff is almost totally unprepared about giving advice on tourist destinations, activities, places to be visited etc.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank guidozucchi
Daniela L, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hiton Cluj - City Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback and we are sorry you were not happy with the level of service we provided. We noted your suggestions regarding the information we should have readily available at Front Desk and we will do our best to ensure every colleague is ready to answer our guests’ expectations.

With best wishes for the new year,

Daniela and the team from DoubleTree by Hilton Cluj - City Plaza

Reviewed 28 December 2017

My family booked 2 rooms for 1 night & had a wonderful stay - the check-in & really our whole experience was very smooth; the rooms came with flat screen tv's with a good amount of English channels, including CNN ... also the best pasta we've had in many years at the restaurant !

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Location is very closed to the center and Unirii square. Reception staff was very helpful in accomodating me much earlier (around 9.30 AM) than the regular check-in which is 2PM. The room was spacious and very clean. The only comment that I have is that a wider selection on the mini bar will be I think appreciated. Other than this very good conditions.
Breakfast is more than decent and service outstanding. I recommend it as being a very good choice for a city break in Cluj.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business