All reviewstop floordouble treepool and saunagreat hotelwalk in showerspacious bathroomroom serviceunirii squaremodern hotelwalking distancenice viewold townamenitieslinensclujcitydesk
Reviewed 15 October 2017

For a 5 star hotel did not meet expectations, for things which are so simple to do. The Kettle socket did not fit the plug, no evening turn down service, no room service after 10pm. Just needs a policy change- all else is good

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 572bsk
DafinaSuciu, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hiton Cluj - City Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cluj – City Plaza and for the time taken to give us a review about your experience at our hotel via TripAdvisor.com. Regarding your observations, I would like to mention that our hotel is a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel. In this case, our services and facilities are provided according to the brand standards. I really appreciate your feedback and I will share it with all my colleagues. Also, I sincerely hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,
Dafina Suciu – Marketing Manager

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Good location, the rooms are super special with a nice modern decoration and cleanliness; close to the downtown; we stay just for one night and we did the check out to early so we cannot enjoy the rest of the hotel but our stay was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DafinaSuciu, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hiton Cluj - City Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your time taken to write a review about your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor website and for the hight score that you have awarded us with. I was so pleased to read that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, the location was perfect for you and you enjoyed the room. Your review represent a very strong recommendation. We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Dafina Suciu

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Stayed here at the end of August. I had two rooms, 101 and 306. Good rooms, amenities and the shower on the third floor was fantastic. Didn't like the bath tub in room 101. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is quiet and conveniently located, near Central Park and the City Centre. The breakfast is very good, something for everyone, even a fussy eater will go happy. Fresh orange juice every day etc. Restaurant staff very professional. Excellent front desk staff as well, young, friendly and always willing to help. Overall, I will definitely stay here again and I recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Cluj. Good rooms, amenities and the shower on the third floor was fantastic. Didn't like the bath tub in room 101. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is quiet and conveniently located, near Central Park and the City Centre. The breakfast is very good, something for everyone, even a fussy eater will go happy. Fresh orange juice every day etc. Restaurant staff very professional. Excellent front desk staff as well, young, friendly and always willing to help. Overall, I will definitely stay here again and I recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Cluj.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cluj – City Plaza and for the time taken to give us a review about your experience at our hotel via TripAdvisor.com. I really appreciate your feedback, because it is everybody's wish in our team to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay. So, I was so pleased to read that our staff exceeded your expectations. Also, all details provided by you represent a strong recommendation for us. Thnak you once again for that. We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I attended a convention in Cluj Napoca and was within walking distance. The restaurant was never busy and dinner was good or very good. Room service was good and timely. Hotel was quiet and very clean. Rooms are medium/large. Pool and sauna were very clean and a good size. Workout room was adequate. Staff was friendly and spoke English. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
DafinaSuciu, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hiton Cluj - City Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cluj – City Plaza and for the time taken to give us a review about your experience at our hotel via TripAdvisor.com. I was so pleased to read that you liked our services and facilities. Also, all details provided by you represent a strong recommendation for us. Thank you once again for that. We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

The DoubleTree- Cluj City Plaza is an excellent place to stay. The room we stayed in was a 2 room suite with plenty of room to stretch out. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pool/spa area was definitely a hit with several friends we travelled with. The front desk team was responsive and always willing to assist.

Without a doubt the stars of the hotel were the folks who worked in the dining room! This team went above and beyond in maintaining high service standards while delivering an amazing breakfast. Special shout out to Noemi! She was super helpful and cheerful in the morning. The leadership on this team must be incredible because of the results they deliver.

A major plus is that the hotel is within 150 yards of the Central Park. It is also steps away from services on a downtown street and a number of excellent restaurants.

This hotel is an excellent value in Cluj!

Room Tip: Room 201 is a roomy and comfortable suite.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
DafinaSuciu, Marketing Manager at DoubleTree by Hiton Cluj - City Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Mr. Edward P.,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cluj – City Plaza and for the time taken to give us a review about your experience at our hotel via TripAdvisor.com. I really appreciate your feedback, because it is everybody's wish in our team to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay. We love our jobs and believe that hospitality should be an art. So, I was so pleased to read that our staff exceeded your expectations. Also, all details provided by you represent a strong recommendation for us. Thank you once again for that. We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

dafina.suciu@hilton.com