All reviewsbasic hotelbreakfast room isno elevatorcentral locationlocation is excellentone nightfurnishingsjacuzziclujtaxi
Reviewed 5 September 2017

very well located hotel in city downtown. I recommend this for tourists or any purposes.

If you are looking for luxury it is not the place where to go but if you are a practical person this is the place

staff is very friendly, room was comfortable and breakfast was good

when I will visit again this will be an option to stay again

I was with business purposes but I think this is proper for couples, solo or friends

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We spent 10 nights there. The only upside was the location, very central and convenient, and Wi-Fi, included in the room price. These, unfortunately, didn't make up for the many serious problems with the room. We were in the loft room, 2 adults, and 1 child. The room was located on the 4th floor, without a lift. The last flight of stairs was a very steep metal staircase, almost impossible for my son (3) to climb and hard for me as well.
The room, being a loft room, has low ceilings, and we had the feeling of spending most of the time bending over to avoid banging our heads on the ceiling boards and beans. The room didn't have curtains on the windows or Velox windows, making the room completely bright by 5 am. The air vent in the bathroom was so noisy we couldn't turn it on at the night without risking waking everybody up. The beds were incredibly uncomfortable, hard and noisy when moving or sitting up to leave the bed. There was no cleaning service in the room, so in the 10 days we stayed there, the room was never cleaned. Twice I had to clean the bathroom myself, and I had to request a change of sheets half way during our stay. Most days we were left without toilet paper or clean glasses. Once I asked for a toilet roll, and the girl at the reception argued with me saying that they already left one in the room earlier! The air conditioner unit had no instructions and the display on the remote didn't work properly, making it hard to operate it. The room was generally dusty and with webs in corners. There was some black mold starting to build up in the bath/shower room, and the water pressure in the was inadequate, making it difficult to wash. The breakfast was basic. They only offered eggs from the kitchen, and once they complained when I asked for a fruit yogurt for my son. We asked to changed room after the second night but were told that we were in the only family room. No other discount or apologies were offered in relation to our complaints. Overall a terrible stay that almost spoiled our time in the city.

Room Tip: Good Location
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sonia C, asist.manager at Fullton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank for you feedback, even though we are surprised by it. We do not pretend to be a four star hotel nor a luxury one, but we do try to make our best in order to keep our clients satisfied during their stay. These being told we would like to clarify some things as: we don't have a lift but this is mentioned in the room description - also it's an historical building - , the room has a low ceiling but you were able to see that from the pictures before booking the room. My colleague offered to change the rooms with another one on 3rd floor but you didn't considered to be necessary. Regarding the cleanliness, we strongly disagree with the fact that your room was never cleaned as the cleaning staff entered and cleaned the room every day, also every time when you needed an extra toilet roll you always received one without any problems or complaints from the front desk and for every clarification or question about air conditioning ( for example ) you could simply ask at the front desk, we are always glad to help. The breakfast is standard, buffet with the necessary food that a breakfast must have. As I recall, in one particular morning you were looking for a fruit yogurt for your son, but you didn't found one on the table ( we ran out of it ) and when I saw that, I offered to give you one from the kitchen, therefore I don't understand where was the complain. We are surprised by this, and we are sorry as we did not know that this is your perception about your staying at our hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The best think for this hotel is Location just few steps from old city centre and 2 mins walk to central square. Big, nice and clear rooms. Breakfast is very basic but included in the room rate so ok. Need to improve the breakfast a bit more to make it more attractive to guest.

Is a nice and clean budget hotel in the best location of the city so for that can be a good option. For the price offered is good choice.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Nice Hotel in center of Cluj. Room was big and clean. Check-in and Check out without any Problems. Air-conditioning was a little bit to loud. Parking on the street is expensive but I found. Parking about 500m from hotel for 12 lei /24h.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Sonia C, asist.manager at Fullton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I have stayed on two separate occasions (one night stays) recently in the Hotel Fullton and although it's small and fairly basic I enjoyed my time there and appreciated the central location arriving via the trolley-bus (no.5) from the airport. It's situated just off the main street but it's in a very popular tourist area so is pretty easy to find especially on foot. There are good shops and restaurants near at hand (although I initially arrived on Easter Sunday when most were shut, thankfully the KFC nearby was open) and the local transport is great (if the manned ticket booths are open, I struggle with the machines). Staff in the hotel were very friendly, the breakfast room is quaint and I enjoyed the simple fare there before heading to the bus station for onward journeys. The room is basic but everything worked and had all I needed. The weather was cold on my first visit and the room was cosy enough, it was very warm (June) on my 2nd visit and although I assume there's no air con, having the window open kept things sufficiently cool to sleep well. I'm pretty sure I'll stay again although I have other hotels I like in Cluj (Victoria, Lol et Lola) so will depend on availability, price, and my own circumstances at the time. Overall a very good experience and I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Fullton Hotel and for the time taken to give us your feedback. We are pleased to read that you find our staff friendly and that you enjoyed the breakfast. Hope to see you again,