All reviews basic hotel breakfast room is no elevator central location location is excellent one night furnishings jacuzzi cluj taxi
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Nice Hotel in center of Cluj. Room was big and clean. Check-in and Check out without any Problems. Air-conditioning was a little bit to loud. Parking on the street is expensive but I found. Parking about 500m from hotel for 12 lei /24h.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Sonia C, asist.manager at Fullton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I have stayed on two separate occasions (one night stays) recently in the Hotel Fullton and although it's small and fairly basic I enjoyed my time there and appreciated the central location arriving via the trolley-bus (no.5) from the airport. It's situated just off the main street but it's in a very popular tourist area so is pretty easy to find especially on foot. There are good shops and restaurants near at hand (although I initially arrived on Easter Sunday when most were shut, thankfully the KFC nearby was open) and the local transport is great (if the manned ticket booths are open, I struggle with the machines). Staff in the hotel were very friendly, the breakfast room is quaint and I enjoyed the simple fare there before heading to the bus station for onward journeys. The room is basic but everything worked and had all I needed. The weather was cold on my first visit and the room was cosy enough, it was very warm (June) on my 2nd visit and although I assume there's no air con, having the window open kept things sufficiently cool to sleep well. I'm pretty sure I'll stay again although I have other hotels I like in Cluj (Victoria, Lol et Lola) so will depend on availability, price, and my own circumstances at the time. Overall a very good experience and I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Fullton Hotel and for the time taken to give us your feedback. We are pleased to read that you find our staff friendly and that you enjoyed the breakfast. Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

The hotel has very good location and decent rooms.
Unfortunately the service was below expectations. I tried to draw the curtains they fell from the wall. I asked for assistance to solve the problem, the receptionist came and tried to fix it back into the wall using some paper. It came back off. The conclusion was that it can only be fixed in the morning. I asked if I could get another room. This was possible for only that night, afterwards I would have had to move to the current room, again, as the alternative room had separate rooms and was booked starting the following day. So, that meant that I would have had to move all my stuff (it was 11 pm) and, then, move again the next day. My entire stay at this hotel was for planned for 2 days. I decided I would try to sleep despite the strong street lighting coming into the room.
I also asked the receptionist how could I turn on the air conditioning. He started pushing all buttons to no avail (as I had already tried earlier). He called his manager, no solution was found. He concluded this also could only be solved in the morning and offered to bring an air heater to the room... Only problem was it was too hot, not too cold and the receptionist was sweating ...
The following morning, I asked for an omelette for breakfast. I watched the nice lady bringing it taking it to another table, to a guest that did not ask for anything, at a table next to me. She realized her mistake, she asked if the he wanted to keep the omelette, he decided he would and I had to wait for another one to be cooked. No explanations or apologies were offered to me (I was only a witness to this small 'event')

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Sonia C, Assistant Manager at Fullton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for taking you time and review our Hotel.
We are sorry for the air conditioning and curtains problem, but unfortunately some things can't be fixed by the front office receptionist and need to wait until morning, for a more qualified staff to solve.
The omelette issue is due to the fact that the other client used to serve an omelette every morning during his stay and because we were used to it, we served it even if he did not asked for it in that morning ( and as you noticed, he accepted it anyways ). We are sorry that you had a least enjoyable experience because of it.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Hotel is centrally located but entrance is difficult to find, as it is located in a side street. Our taxi initially refused to take us up to the doorstep, and tried to leave us on a main street to walk over 600 m to the hotel. Our first impression was not good. Our train was delayed and when we arrived (very late), there was only a young boy at the reception. There was no elevator and we had to climb four flights of steps (including one very steep flight) to our room carrying our own suitcases. The water was cold. The room, however, was very spacious, airy and bright with large skylights (as we discovered the next morning). It had a fridge, proper wardrobe, TV and a sofa in addition to the beds. The bed linen and towels were very clean The bathroom was large and airy, but you have to run the water for a few minutes before it turns hot. Breakfast was good, served in a pleasant room with mediterranean-style decor, and the service was great. Other than the lack of an elevator (apparently there are restrictions to installing one because it is built next to the city walls), the hotel is very good and we had a really pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you do not mind climbing stairs, the loft rooms are large and airy with skylights
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Sonia C, asist.manager at Fullton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel . We are glad that you have a pleasant stay. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

In January we made a reservation for this hotel for one room in July, exactly for the Depeche Mode concert night, for the price of 50 euro. We chose this hotel because it was central and 20 minutes away by foot from the Stadium. This reservation was made in January, to be sure I had a room in July. In June the hotel reconfirmed we had this room, just to be informed a few days later that our reservation was no longer available due to a mistake of the employees who mixed up July with June. So we were left with no possibility for accommodation 1 month before the concert. At this moment the city is fully booked for the concert, the only rooms available cost 260 euro, so imagine my surprise to be left with no accommodation in these conditions. They proposed a room in exchange, in a house in the suburbs, 60 minutes away by foot from the Stadium. Thank you but no, I made a reservation in January just to avoid this situation and it is not my problem that the hotel employees cannot do their job properly. They promised to solve this situation by the end of last week, but nothing happened, I guess it takes a long time to solve this. My only conclusion is the hotel wants to sell this room for a better price, so do not rely on them for anything. Thank you for ruining my holiday.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank artemisa_b

Please accept our apologies,again.We assure you that we do not try to sell at over price the room. It was a regrettable mistake. The situation has been resolved and your holiday can be saved.