All reviews one night hot tub business visit mins from the airport reception staff are executive room stayed for nights spa area recommend this hotel rooms are clean swimming pool minute walk short stay hotel is located excellent hotel old town paradiso
Reviewed 14 July 2017

My stay was very pleasant, just wished I could have lingered more and enjoy the spa. The service is very good, with well trained and mannered staff. The rooms are clean and the bed is perfect. The breakfast was one of the most varied I ever had in a 4star hotel. Will return, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank mihaescuvlad
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Our stay has not been completed yet but felt the need to write something. This is day 2 of a 4 night stay.

Our trip is for a family wedding in Cluj.

I am surprised that this hotel has high ratings of satisfaction! Perhaps I have higher standards :)

The hotel is very dated overall, the rooms are just as dated.

Executive double room - the bad bits:

The bed is very hard with a hump in the middle of mattress, there is only 1 bin in the bathroom ( there should be another in the actual room like all hotels have), there are 3 wall lights not working ( probably need new bulbs), the in room safe is broken and they cannot fix it, only 1 glass in the bathroom ( other one missing), no card with room sign to notify " do not disturb", "clean room" and no pen and pad in room.

The above are standard things that hotels should get right!

Good points:

The nicest bit is the bathroom, it is new, modern and spacious.

It may seem these are small things but it is about things being in order and having a comfortable experience. These are the key standard must have...

Receptionist:

Friday afternoon check-in experience:

Lovely friendly lady, was helpful.

Restaurant:

The lady who served us was super friendly with good customer service.

The food was average, nothing amazing with the high prices they demand.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2017

I spent 3 nights in this hotel in the City of Cluj Napoca. Very friendly staff in the hotel and in his restaurant. The internet conexion was excellent in the room, in the restaurant and in the top floor conference room.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Marius D
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Me, my husband and 7 year old daughter stayed here for two nights, Cluj was the last stop on our tour of Romania. I booked the hotel because of the reasonable price and because it had a swimming pool. We had a standard double room which was quite basic and bit old fashioned but perfectly OK, the bed and pillows were big and comfortable which is the most important thing, and the room was clean. The room was quite hot, but the window was able to be opened which soon remedied that. Reception rang us to ask if everything was alright with the room, we mentioned that the TV didn't seem to be working, and someone came up straight away to sort it out. Very good service. The reception staff are very helpful and of course speak perfect English. I found the breakfast nice, our daughter especially liked the chocolate croissants! We enjoyed using the spa, the swimming pool is very warm, sauna is good, the hot tub appears to be a little temperamental and was starting up of its own accord! There is work going on in the spa area to upgrade it. The hotel is in a residential area surrounded by blocks of flats that do look a bit grim, however we walked around by the hotel, went to the shops etc and we felt that the area was actually perfectly alright and quite safe. It takes 20 minutes or so to walk to the old town which has lots of good bars and restaurants. Or take a taxi for under £2. We can recommend O'Peters Irish bar and Casa Boema. I have to admit I had never heard of the city of Cluj-Napoca until I saw an advert for cheap flights to and from Liverpool and subsequently decided to include it in my tour itinery. Although it is not as immediately appealing as Brasov or Sighisoara, it is actually an interesting city to visit, it has lovely churches and a good museum and it would be easy to spend several evenings trying out the bars and restaurants of the old town. There is also a lovely park with a boating lake and large play area for children. The airport is barely 15 minutes from Hotel Paradis, and a taxi cost 20 lei (about £4). We enjoyed our stay in Cluj and the Hotel Paradis, if we return to Cluj it is likely that we would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank themadprampusher
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Very very friendly and helpful staff. Comfort bed, comfort bathroom, average hotel breakfast. Good free wifi connection. A little bit far from downtown, but good public transport connection. No smoking rooms.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business