“Cosy vintage hotel ”

Topaz Boutique Hotel
Ranked #47 of 57 Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is quite old but renewed. The rooms are cosy even if they lack in modernism. The breakfast is quite poor considering the price; I preferred to enjoy a cappuccino in the hotel bar. Unfortunately the bar closes at midnight

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 October 2017

First time I made a reservation, via a brokerage company, I got an email after a few days that my reservation was canceled due to some problems to process my card. I was invited to make another reservation (previously reserved room was no longer available) and provide a new card. I though it was an accident and worked it out via a long phone conversation. A few days ago I made another reservation directly on the hotel website. I called the front desk just to make sure my booking is safe and recorded in the hotel reservation system. I was assured that everything is all right.
After four days I got an email that my reservation was canceled because the room I reserved, as advertised on the web site, is no longer available and the hotel cannot modify the site page. I was offered another room, more expensive.
It could have been just bad luck. but I declined the offer.
Otherwise, rooms are clean, service in the bar excellent.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Definitely a chic and comfy hotel. Staff was nice although they could not help us with a double bed, so make sure when you do the booking that you give them a call to let them know what kind of bed do you prefer. We booked a double room but instead of a double bed it had two small single ones, so we had to bring them side by side which was a pain. But the hotel was fully booked at the moment so they couldn't help us ...
Clean, quiet; they have a not-so-wow breakfast, but it's ok.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2016

I've stayed at the Topaz a lot. But I like comfortable, but rather thread bare hotels. Meaning that most rooms have a faded Austro-Hungarian décor, that could be kind of elegant, but now it's faded and looking a bit tired.

In terms of price quality I think it's fine. They've changed the breakfast room recently so that now there are no windows, and it feel very cave like, and cramped, and I don't like that at all. The coffee was fine. You can do a lot worse for your money in Cluj. I would recommend this if you are not particular about amenities. But the wifi was awesome.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

It's freezing cold tonight we are booked into a massive suit. The radiators don't work. The lady at the reception gives us a tiny space heater for massive space because her boss told her to not move us about. Abysmal service even when you have a suit. Seriously disappointed

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business