Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from US$ 1,133.10
from US$ 64.20
from US$ 170.90
More Info
All reviews nature reserve beautiful hike small caves hiking shoes an adventure easy hike couple hours flora and fauna stone walls starting point great walk suitable for families a special place with some friends very nice place few hours entrance fee
Reviewed 3 days ago

A nice little peek to the nature. The route is easy to walk and the views are beautiful. Just be aware of the entrance fee, we didn't know this. The guy has a little stand next to the first bridge. He'll let you know if/when he wants your money.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

2 hours of easy walk, with many stops for photos... it may be slippery after rain, but last week or more there were no rains.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I was the first person to arrive at the parking lot on the day of my visit around 9:30 and to be honest I was a bit lost at first. While there supposedly are more routes, I couldn't find a map (neither online or at the place) and there wasn't very clear marking. With no one being around to ask, I almost left, but I finally found at least the main route along the river. The main route is very easy for physics (I've met some kids and seniors who did it), but challenging when it comes to technique as the path gets rough further down the valley, which I loved. One-way trip took me just about one hour. Thanks to arriving early, I was all alone on my outward walk and I recommend it. On my way back, I've met a lot of people in other direction and it was less enjoyable, so I advise you to arrive early if you want to enjoy calm and silent nature.

I've had nice couple of hours at Turda Gorge but it could get much better if local authorities invested into better information, maps and markings. I would love to take different routes on my way there and back, perhaps with some more physically challenging alternative (I bet view from the mountain must be excellent), which are supposedly there but I failed to locate them.

Reviewed 1 week ago

If you love nature and you are in the area, it is a must see place. Don’t expect sophisticated facilities since you won’t find them. If you love raw nature, tracking, you will love it. It is worth spending a whole day there, to climb up on the top of the cliff … if you have time, in both sides.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Well, it's not so easy to find this place from Cluj, even with your personal car, but it can be done after 40minutes of driving on country roads. I guarantee that it's worth. It's an amazing scenery and not such a difficult route. You have the river full of trouts and cancer which are so relaxing to feed or even to stay in water with. Anyway, they'll get away immediately. But you can play with them while feeding with some bread. You have the forest, you have the beautiful bridges across the river and fresh air together with bird's sounds. At the end you find a great valley to take your rest before coming back. It's not so circulated so you won't be disturbed by noisy tourists. Last but not least, keep your eyes up to enjoy the huge Turda's Gorges.

2  Thank Georgiana T
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Very close to Cluj-Napoca, just 35 km. Very beautiful landscape. Good restaurants near by. Lots of flora and fauna.

1  Thank dianabM5425GH
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Gorgeous views, a river is crossing the keys, you can also do alpinism and see a lot of unique plants and aninals. Worth the visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We've experienced the cliffs of Turda gorge by climbing them along a via ferrata route - a cable mounted along the cliff which one secures to as he climbs. We climbed with three kids (ages ranging 6-11). Guidance and equipment was absolutely essential - the guide actively helped us along the route. It was strenuous, it pushed us all out of our comfort zone in term of heights, and it was an amazing experience that left a long impression on all of the family.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

When in Cluj-Napoca (it's not very far if you drive a car ) , a wonderful escape from the city , when going to Turda , or the salt mine , have a few hours to loose you're self in this incredible carved in mountains paradise. As you get closer you will see a carving in the mountains , and when you get close to it's entrace the park will capture you. its a 40 minutes walk between the montains , with a few waterfalls , and bridges , you can see caves in the mountains , rare species of plants and fish , you can even hike with a cable , as the mountain becomes steeper.Its a incredible botanical garden. i can only say i hope it get preserved in the way it is , and becomes a atraction for more people.

1  Thank satcluj
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Great place for a walk.
Suitable for families with children.
The route is not difficult and really beautiful. There is free parking.
Getting there is convenient and the site is always open.
There is no entrance fee.