All reviewscourtyard restaurantgreat locationold townbalcony walkwaysolo femalenice hotelhotel is locatedthe main squarecentral courtyardlot of traffic noisefast wifimichael's churchbreakfast includedwould definitely stay here againno air conditioningspent two nightspiata unirii
Reviewed 3 October 2015

I stayed at the Hotel Transilvania for one night during my trip to Cluj. I chose this hotel based on the central location and the fact that it had free parking. Before my stay, I read about the hotel online and found out about the connection between it and the novel Dracula. I was pretty excited to stay here! We booked a Junior Suite.

If arriving to the hotel by car, it can be tricky to locate the parking lot which is at the back of the hotel on a small side street. Luckily when we arrived at the gate, someone happened to be leaving so we were able to drive straight in. Normally, I believe you have to get out of the car and ring the front desk. There are less than 10 parking spots for the hotel. When we arrived there were 2 available.

When we checked into the hotel, we were greeted by an unfriendly female staff member who barely said two words to us. She asked for our passports and handed us our room key. She didn't offer maps, mention anything about the area or even inform us that we had breakfast included with the stay or where it might take place.

The Junior Suite was really unfortunate to be honest. The sitting area was small and adequate although the walls were scratched up badly. The bedroom was okay, although the bed was not firm and the television was extremely old. One of the lights in the bathroom was burnt out, there was a bad smell coming from the drain in the floor and we were left with no toilet paper.

I happened to check my email confirmation from the hotel in the morning before we checked out and I noticed that there was breakfast included with our stay, even though no one mentioned anything about it. So we went down to the restaurant, opened the door to the breakfast area and were surprised to see that there was only about 6 tables, all of which were taken. So we left.

Overall we were disappointed with our stay. The only positives were the free parking and central location. Find somewhere else to stay if you can.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the Junior Suite
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ExploreWithMaya
Reviewed 30 August 2015

A delightful hotel. Excellent rooms, giving you everything you need.

Fast WiFi. Each room is located along the balcony walkway above the central open area where food and drink is served.

The room has all the facilities you need, nothing luxurious, but enough to be comfortable. Its very clean.

The bathroom is a little small, but again its enough.

Off road and secure parking to the rear of the hotel. Easy to locate and navigate into / out of.

Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

I eate here, i waited about 20 minutes a waiter to bring me a menu, the food was almost desgusting. My plate was full of oil and i couldn't eat and they told me that it's something normal. Altought the waitting time it was very, very long for everything.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2015

I stayed at this hotel for the second time - but times for short periods - , and I can say the service is excellent, nice, big clean rooms, good foiod, remarkable staff.
The hotel is int the centre of the city near to attractions and restaurants.

Room Tip: The rooms from the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2015

We loved the location of this hotel, which is central, yet far enough from all the noise from the main square. The staff is very friendly, polite and really willing to help. All rooms (except one, I believe) face the inner yard and hotel restaurant. If you are a light sleeper this might be a problem because of the noise coming from the restaurant or from the people coming in and out of their rooms. The twin beds don't fully match, so you'll have a gap between the 2 beds and mattress.

Room Tip: None really, all rooms face the inner yard.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family