Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Unforgettable experience

Reviewed 23 April 2018
johnatkinson2018
Lyon, France
The most amazing and authentic experience

Reviewed 9 January 2018
MJwW8787CC
Cape Town Central, South Africa

All reviews authentic cowboy horses ranch expectations adventure riders reunion island
Reviewed 23 April 2018

If you're in the area, don't miss the opportunity to join Manou on one of his sunset horse-riding trips. My wife and I recently did so and it's an experience we'll never forget. We found that Manou was both an outstanding host and guide and made us feel welcome and at ease from the moment we met him. As relative beginners, neither of us had much horse-riding experience, but Manou clearly and patiently explained and then demonstrated how to ride his horses. We then set off for a memorable sunset trot through the savannah above St Gilles. It was absolutely stunning watching the sun set over the Bay of St Paul, before heading back to the ranch for a cold glass of rosé by the fireside. Manou had a rare talent of being ever present, whilst at the same time making us feel like we had complete privacy.

It was a wonderful evening and I would recommend it to anyone!

ShaienaManou, Gérant at Shai Ena, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you it was a nice time for me too
hope to see you again

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Shai Ena is a must-do for anyone, experienced horse riders or complete newbies wanting an authentic cowboy experience in the beautiful Savannah of Reunion Island. We travelled all the way from Cape Town South Africa with low expectations but after the day at Shai Ena, all our expectations were completely blown away. From the second you arrive at the ranch you are completely submerged in the experience of a lifetime. Thank you for making me and my girlfriends holiday a romantic adventure.

ShaienaManou, Gérant at Shai Ena, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thanks a lot hope to see you again
Manou

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We were so impressed with Shai Ena. The horses were calm and we felt very safe riding them. The views were amazing at the view point and Manou was a great guide. It was great to finish the ride off with drinks and snacks before we went home.
Excellent value for money and an great way to explore the area.

1  Thank Katy W
Reviewed 1 January 2017

We travelled to Reunion as part of our honeymoon in August and our hotel booked us a sunset horse riding trip across the Savannah at Shai Ena. Manou was amazing taking us for a ride to see a beautiful sunset and was able to share his knowledge of the area and love of horses with us. After the horse ride he invited us back to his ranch to join him for a glass of wine in front of a cosy fire. We would say this was the highlight of our honeymoon and would like to thank Manou for his hospitality.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Shaiena is a hidden treasure of the West Coast. Riding with Manou in the Savannah is always a memorable experience and will give you an authentic "Cowboy/Far West Experience ~ Made in Reunion!". The landscape is breathtaking. Manou is a remarkable host, who will welcome you into his ranch. He is thoughtful, knowledgeable and very experienced . With him you will be in good hands. His horses are very well behaved and very well looked after. Each time we go on vacation in Reunion we always look forward to spending time with Manou and his horses. Our last ride was in June this year and our enthusiasm remains the same each and every time. Manou: merci pour tous ces beaux moments passes ensemble et pour les tres belles photos prises dans ton petit coin de paradis! From Joanne & Maya

Reviewed 16 December 2015

Great experience with horses, beginner, advanced or even if you never ride a horse before.
After around half an hour training in his ranch, explaining the western style and his passion for horses, we went for the ride in la Savane and a sunset at the end of the ride.
Manou is very kind, competent, professional, welcoming, speaks very well English for someone living in Réunion, and shares his passion about horses.
You will learn a lot about horses, Manou's story, Saint-Gilles les Hauts, etc...and will feel he is doing not for the business but because he likes horses and it is passion.
To strongly recommend if you would like to ride horse with a beautiful view in Réunion.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

This course was little bit expensive but it was worth it! Actually it was my first time to ride a horse but the owner taught me how to ride horses very well.so I could enjoying a horse riding about two hours.It was such a wonderful happy moment and there was a nice view l have never seen.Even the honor was a really nice guy!!
so I can confidently recommend this activity.
Enjoy a horse riding with a great view!! You won't regret !!

Reviewed 25 November 2015

Warning! Highlight of La Réunion! (Other experiences risk being overshadowed by this one)

We arrived to Emmanuel's house (after getting lost, DON'T trust google maps on this occasion) and were offered something to drink while he got the last pieces in order. Then we drove to his seemingly very authentic ranch and horses that were already saddled. After a short introduction to western riding we went out at a slow pace onto the savannah.

I won't spoil the evening for you, but I strongly recommend this if you like being close to horses and would like to experience La Réunion in a different way than through the beach or hiking. It was really a magical evening! Also try to take the opportunity to get to know the owner, who seems to be a very interesting and experienced old cowboy!

Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

The best experience we had in Reunion Island was our time spent with Manou, his beautiful horses and his intelligent husky. Although we were first time riders, we felt confident on Manou's well trained cowboy horses, both when we were riding in the cosy ranch compound and out in the breathtaking savannah. Manou was extremely hospitable, well prepared and very attentive to our needs. The food and drinks which he prepared also went beyond our expectations. We thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with Manou, about life, experiences and animals. After interacting with the horses and husky in such a lovely setting, we felt so refreshed. This was a perfect and therapeutic experience of which we would not change a thing.

1  Thank travelingbearaffe
Reviewed 20 August 2015

If you love horses or experiencing the country side then this experience is for you. My husband and I were very lucky to be given the opportunity to spend the evening with Manou and his wonderful family of horses. His horses are in wonderful condition and have a very happy and privileged life. They are a dream to ride - so well trained and well behaved. My husband does not ride - well not since a child - but he has good balance and I'm experienced with horses; on our ride (Western style), Manou and I had a good gallop (we went at a blindingly fast speed, I literally have never been that fast on a horse - it was incredible) and my husband held back his horse Storm who followed at a more sedate pace. We watched the sun set of the sea before riding back in the gathering dusk and enjoying a drink around the fire. Monou's hospitality is superb. If you get the opportunity to take a ride with Manou and his gorgeous horses then DO IT! But do not be surprised if he is fully booked - he is a busy and very popular man - you must book well in advance. I would go again in a heartbeat - I loved every second. It was magical. Thank you Manou - from Iain + Kate the English couple.