“Don't miss a chance to ride a horse with a great view !! I”
Review of Shai Ena

Shai Ena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ranch with american horses and sunset ride above the Indian Ocean . The Sunset .An Appaloosa horse like a real Appaloosa Indian horse .Just come with us between 4h or 4h30 pm an 8h30 pm for a friendly good old time .Happy to meet you there. Have a ride and have a time to drink a glass de Rose with the horses around a fire.
Reviewed 5 December 2015

This course was little bit expensive but it was worth it! Actually it was my first time to ride a horse but the owner taught me how to ride horses very well.so I could enjoying a horse riding about two hours.It was such a wonderful happy moment and there was a nice view l have never seen.Even the honor was a really nice guy!!
so I can confidently recommend this activity.
Enjoy a horse riding with a great view!! You won't regret !!

All reviews
"reunion"
in 5 reviews
"island"

Reviewed 25 November 2015

Warning! Highlight of La Réunion! (Other experiences risk being overshadowed by this one)

We arrived to Emmanuel's house (after getting lost, DON'T trust google maps on this occasion) and were offered something to drink while he got the last pieces in order. Then we drove to his seemingly very authentic ranch and horses that were already saddled. After a short introduction to western riding we went out at a slow pace onto the savannah.

I won't spoil the evening for you, but I strongly recommend this if you like being close to horses and would like to experience La Réunion in a different way than through the beach or hiking. It was really a magical evening! Also try to take the opportunity to get to know the owner, who seems to be a very interesting and experienced old cowboy!

Reviewed 6 October 2015 via mobile

The best experience we had in Reunion Island was our time spent with Manou, his beautiful horses and his intelligent husky. Although we were first time riders, we felt confident on Manou's well trained cowboy horses, both when we were riding in the cosy ranch compound and out in the breathtaking savannah. Manou was extremely hospitable, well prepared and very attentive to our needs. The food and drinks which he prepared also went beyond our expectations. We thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with Manou, about life, experiences and animals. After interacting with the horses and husky in such a lovely setting, we felt so refreshed. This was a perfect and therapeutic experience of which we would not change a thing.

1  Thank travelingbearaffe
Reviewed 20 August 2015

If you love horses or experiencing the country side then this experience is for you. My husband and I were very lucky to be given the opportunity to spend the evening with Manou and his wonderful family of horses. His horses are in wonderful condition and have a very happy and privileged life. They are a dream to ride - so well trained and well behaved. My husband does not ride - well not since a child - but he has good balance and I'm experienced with horses; on our ride (Western style), Manou and I had a good gallop (we went at a blindingly fast speed, I literally have never been that fast on a horse - it was incredible) and my husband held back his horse Storm who followed at a more sedate pace. We watched the sun set of the sea before riding back in the gathering dusk and enjoying a drink around the fire. Monou's hospitality is superb. If you get the opportunity to take a ride with Manou and his gorgeous horses then DO IT! But do not be surprised if he is fully booked - he is a busy and very popular man - you must book well in advance. I would go again in a heartbeat - I loved every second. It was magical. Thank you Manou - from Iain + Kate the English couple.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 September 2014 via mobile

We were on reunion foe two weeks and this stands out as the most memorable and genuine thing we did. I had never ridden before and Manu took about half an hour to teach me at his ranch before setting off. The horses are gentle and well trained and the area you ride is stunning. Stopped ar an outcrop to watch sunset before returning to the ranch. The ranch is beautiful- almost a museum of cowboy trinkets- where we had a relaxing evening by the fire with manu over a bottle of wine from his friends vineyard. Thanks for a great evening