See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2017

The hotel is a little flat, close to the lagoon beach (5 mins walk), a small supermarket close to the hotel (2/3 mins), the quality of the room is Classic and clean but no more, there is a small kitchen area outside the room, sometimes in case of big heat in addition to the heat of the ovens and other washing machines is not a pleasure

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
GRTropicAppartHotel, Responsable commercial at Residence Tropic Appart'hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Hello Cillex,
Thank you for your feedback concerning your experience with us.
I just want to underlight that all the appartements are equiped with air conditionning. It's important for us that all our clients feel confortable during their holidays.
We really hope you had enjoyed your stay with us,
Best Regards
Bénédicte

Reviewed 1 November 2016

A short walk to a superb bakery and a full-service supermarket, make Residence Tropic a perfect location for self-sufficient travelers. The room includes a bedroom and a separate kitchenette. The hotel is convenient to all of the sites on Reunion Island by way of the nearby motorway. Thus, using L'Hermitage as your comfortable home base, one can visit all of the island within a couple of days. The beach is close by as well as a pharmacy and low-key night clubs. Finally, the staff of the hotel is professional and cheerful.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2016

For those who book this hotel, please ensure you check-in before 7pm, they are close after 7pm! Security code is required everywhere in this hotel, without that, you are difficult to enter this premises. The hotel phones number was no one answer, it made me very frustrated on my first night! Although the hotel claimed that they have put the envelope on the gate outside attention to my name, unfortunately I didn’t see it. I have no choice checked in on next day morning, and gratefully the management is willing to make some refund. The reception lady is helpful and friendly, she can speak good English. I forgot her name, but I appreciate her help and she is the only willing to solve my frustrated emotion.
My wife and son love this hotel very much, is due to it has sufficient space including the kitchen and a dining table. While for me, I have my first mosquito bite at this hotel in Reunion Island! We don’t have enough time to enjoy the facilities in this hotel, but it is really fully equipped and the only hotel I can get a lot of Reunion’s travel information. It does have some house rules we need to follow, like clear the rubbish and wash the dishes.
The hotel doesn’t have a restaurant, but you can get food easily out there within walking distance. I do like this hotel’s location, it can be access everything within walking distance. It has a Sunday morning market, is very happening and caused traffic jam there. While it is only open till 12 noon, after that all the shops are start closing one by one. However, it was terrible silence on Monday morning… haha

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2016

The hotel is about 100m from the beach with a pool and air cons in the rooms.
It is room enough for 2 people in the room we stayed in.
The only problem we had was that the outside air con unit is inside the kitchen area and it makes it unbearably hot in the kitchen. It is a bit silly!
The other rooms has their units on the outside of the building, so they do not get that extra heat.
The island is beautiful but VERY expensive. You pay in Euro. And it is about 3 times more expensive that South Africa.
There is a Score supermarket about 200m from the hotel. They sell everything. Including ice!!
I will recommend the hotel as it is self catering and close to the supermarket and to shops and restaurants.
The sea is warm and full of little fish, so nice to just snorkel in.
To compare, I would still take a Ballito holiday in South Africa before Reunion.
This hotel does not have sea views on any side, but still a good spot to stay in.

Stayed: March 2016
Richard L, Responsable commercial at Residence Tropic Appart'hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2016

Dear Sir

We thank you for your comment and we are pleased to know that you have appreciated our location near the beach and shops of l'Ermitage.
Unfortunetaly, even if we do some good offers, the island is expensive that's true, but beautiful for sure.

We hope to see you again and thank you again for your confidence.

Tropicaly

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

Not worth the money during peak season. Small dated cramped rooms overlooking a car park for the price of a quality room in London at the weekend. It is near the beach however.

Not for me unless no other option.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family