All reviews cayuga lake finger lakes adirondack chairs each morning true delight canopy bed white cheese common areas are front of the house living room romantic getaway front porch bed and breakfast mackenzie ny furniture lakefront
Reviewed 15 July 2017

My husband and I recently did a short getaway to Aurora NY and we decided to stay at the E.B. Morgan House. We were not disappointed with our choice! The house is actually 1 of 4 inns that are a part of the Inns of Aurora. This particular property was small and intimate but more importantly is directly on the lake. (1 property is across the street from the lake.) There is a lush and grand front yard and a beautiful front porch on the front of the house. The house has been restored and maintains the beautiful thick molding around the doorways, baseboards and windows. Ceilings are high and furniture, lighting and art work just enhance the elegance of the original home. The back of the house has a great veranda with beautiful wicker chairs/cushions. The back lawn - scattered with Adirondack chairs - rolls down directly to the edge of Cayuga Lake. Beautiful flowers can be found around the property - inside and outside. Despite the age of the house the A/C was great and electronic keys operated the doors. We were in room #1 by the main door which wasn't our first choice but the only room open at the time we booked. It ended up being a great choice as the front door gets locked at 7pm and the house overall was extremely quiet. We only saw other people in passing and it was quiet and serene sitting on the porches or in the house. We had great service from the 2 innkeepers - Josh and Rachel. Both attentive to our needs and they served coffee/scones in the am and wine/cheese in the evenings. Very helpful in making local suggestions as well. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and would not hesitate to come back or recommend to anyone visiting the area. This particular inn does not permit children under 14 years of age so this would not be an option for families with small children.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam G
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Luxurious, meticulous, beautiful ... and the adjectives can keep on coming. The house is as beautiful as in all the pictures and it would be anyone's dream home. The gardens, the front lawn and the lakefront backyard are outstanding. The dining and living room common areas are decorated with taste with unique paintings and furnishings. Complimentary wine afternoons (excellent local Chardonnay) and coffee in the morning can be enjoyed inside or outside. Maryann the innkeeper is always there to greet you and help you.

The room was perfect. Beautiful decor. Comfortable bedding and the nicest towels I ever had in a hotel (and I travel a lot). This is what a classic inn experience should be.

Aurora is a cute little town. We have dinner at the excellent Aurora Inn. Good vantage point to tour Cayuga lake and the wineries.

Excellent for a romantic getaway. Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smertios
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

This lovely, historic inn provides an escape into the gilded era. The common areas are tastefully decorated and provide fireplaces, a piano and a library. The expansive windows look out onto Cayuga Lake. Wine and cheese was served in the afternoon. Our room had a lake view and a sweet sitting area. The king bed and plush comforter helped provide a sound sleep. The shower had two rainfall spouts so two could share.
Muffins and coffee, served on MacKenzie Child's dishes, were provided in the butler's pantry. Our innkeepers, Holly and Reggie, attended to us with warmth and charm.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nanci_h_b
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the E.B. Morgan House this week for a little wine tour getaway. The place is beautiful - wonderfully restored, and the views from the backyard are amazing. The staff/innkeeper is also very nice and attentive. I am pretty picky about lodging on trips because I previously traveled a lot for work, and I need the accommodations to be pretty special for me to feel like I'm not just away on another work trip. This place passes the test. The rooms are gorgeous and very clean. The bathroom in our room was also amazing.

There are only two restaurants in town. That was a bit of a bummer, but they're both very good, so it made it easy to deal with.

We also booked a couples massage, and the innkeeper went above and beyond to schedule it last minute for us.

The only downfall of the E.B. Morgan House is the location. We went to the area for wine tasting, and we also love food. We knew it wasn't in the heart of wine country, but still wanted to try staying here because it looked beautiful and also came highly recommended from several people we know. We did wine tasting each day - two days we got a car service, the other two we drove. It makes for a lot of time in the car (I added up about 11 hours outside of the actual 4.5 hour drive to get into the Finger Lakes), which in turn really exhausted us and could potentially ruin a trip. It is very secluded; I do understand some people may want that and be looking for it. The only reason I'm rating this a 4 instead of a 5 is the location.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meagan B
Reviewed 10 October 2016

We had the most marvelous overnight at the E.B. Morgan House over Labor Day weekend. Marianne, our innkeeper was so attentive and made our stay special. I was traveling with my mother throughout the Finger Lakes for a long weekend of wine tasting and sun. Our room was spectacular-- the fireplace was gorgeous and I could only imagine how nice it would be to sit by it in the cooler months. The linens were sublime and I loved the bath amenities and the double shower. We enjoyed wine on the porch upon our arrival and coffee and muffins out there before we had to get on our way. We ate dinner at the dining room at the Aurora Inn, which is just three doors down from E.B. Morgan House. The food was delicious and the wine list was a nice combination of Finger Lakes and eclectic choices from other regions. I cannot wait to return and hope to spend a little longer next time!

Room Tip: Spring for a lake view!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family