All reviews cayuga lake finger lakes adirondack chairs each morning true delight canopy bed white cheese common areas are front of the house living room romantic getaway front porch bed and breakfast ny furniture lakefront wineries
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the E.B. Morgan House this week for a little wine tour getaway. The place is beautiful - wonderfully restored, and the views from the backyard are amazing. The staff/innkeeper is also very nice and attentive. I am pretty picky about lodging on trips because I previously traveled a lot for work, and I need the accommodations to be pretty special for me to feel like I'm not just away on another work trip. This place passes the test. The rooms are gorgeous and very clean. The bathroom in our room was also amazing.

There are only two restaurants in town. That was a bit of a bummer, but they're both very good, so it made it easy to deal with.

We also booked a couples massage, and the innkeeper went above and beyond to schedule it last minute for us.

The only downfall of the E.B. Morgan House is the location. We went to the area for wine tasting, and we also love food. We knew it wasn't in the heart of wine country, but still wanted to try staying here because it looked beautiful and also came highly recommended from several people we know. We did wine tasting each day - two days we got a car service, the other two we drove. It makes for a lot of time in the car (I added up about 11 hours outside of the actual 4.5 hour drive to get into the Finger Lakes), which in turn really exhausted us and could potentially ruin a trip. It is very secluded; I do understand some people may want that and be looking for it. The only reason I'm rating this a 4 instead of a 5 is the location.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meagan B
Reviewed 10 October 2016

We had the most marvelous overnight at the E.B. Morgan House over Labor Day weekend. Marianne, our innkeeper was so attentive and made our stay special. I was traveling with my mother throughout the Finger Lakes for a long weekend of wine tasting and sun. Our room was spectacular-- the fireplace was gorgeous and I could only imagine how nice it would be to sit by it in the cooler months. The linens were sublime and I loved the bath amenities and the double shower. We enjoyed wine on the porch upon our arrival and coffee and muffins out there before we had to get on our way. We ate dinner at the dining room at the Aurora Inn, which is just three doors down from E.B. Morgan House. The food was delicious and the wine list was a nice combination of Finger Lakes and eclectic choices from other regions. I cannot wait to return and hope to spend a little longer next time!

Room Tip: Spring for a lake view!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Our long weekend at E.B. Morgan House was delightful. It was our first visit to this charming part of the world and we were not disappointed. We rented the entire house to celebrate a special occasion. The house itself is beautifully restored, decorated and maintained and is perched on the edge of Cayuga lake. Our host, Gabriella, was a gem and she went above and beyond to ensure our every need was attended to. Luxurious, peaceful and steeped in history. A special place indeed.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Restlesssydney
Reviewed 8 July 2016

This was a wonderful experience for my wife and I. We were staying here because we were attending a wedding at the main hotel in the Inns of Aurora group (Aurora Inn). Booking in was a very personal experience and we were then given a tour of the hotel and facilities and at the same time the history of the house. The room was beautiful and was very comfortable with modern conveniences in an old setting
Great experience

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a couple nights. Our host was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The house is in excellent condition and right on the lake. Muffins and coffee in the morning, wine and cheese in the evening are complimentary. Beautiful porches with great views of the lake from the back porch. We'll definitely visit again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple