“BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL! GHOST EXIST!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sarabia Manor Hotel
Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Iloilo City
Singapore, Singapore
“BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL! GHOST EXIST!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my foreigner friends and booked 2 rooms, service is terribly poor and no sense of hospitality at all as I expect from a well known hospitable ilonggos, despite I register myself and indicated that I am a Hotel General Manager from abroad, sad to say that during the middle of the night one my companion can't breath while asleep as if somebody's covering her face, afterwards my other companion was possessed and talking in other language that we can't understand. I called up the front desk that we need to transfer to another room, but sad to say the action was slow and took too long for them to respond. We all slept in one room and during check out I complained about the unforgettable experience we had but it seems that everyone is speechless, they charged me with 2 rooms despite we used only one room even I complained .

I regret that I chose this hotel and it was my first time to stay there...sad to say there are more good hotels in the city with good locations and great service.

I don't recommend this hotel anymore.

Room Tip: beware ghost will disturb you at the middle of the night. no sense of hospitality at all
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
14 Thank Mariano P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Metro Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

I stayed here over the weekend to accompany my wife attend a seminar. I read somewhere that Sarabia Manor upgraded their rooms. Well, not the one we stayed in.

First, it smelled old (very damp and musky). Then the room looked and felt old--like it was stuck in the 90's. The TV was still a puny 21" CRT. However, the bed was comfortable; the airconditioning worked; and the shower was hot. The 3 are the essentials for me, and at least Sarabia delivered.

The breakfast was okay. Nothing fantastic. Enough to fill the belly.

WIFI was supposed to be free in the lobby, but on the 2 days I was there it wasn't working. WIFI in the room was available for P150/24 hours (US$4).

Again, the hotel looks tired, but for the price I paid it's okay. The location is not bad. It's along a major highway and a stone's throw away from everything (except the airport, which is 20 kms out of city limits).

Room Tip: The hotel is a 5-minute jeepney ride away from SM shopping mall. 1-way fare costs P7.50 (US$0.20). J...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
General Santos, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

As I am bout to book my ticket in one of the Airlines going to Iloilo,the Trip advisor suggested me to Sarabia Manor Hotel to stay in for a week. I scan and look into the website of the said hotel, and there I was,caught myself in front of the desk at Sarabaia Hotel. We stayed in a Presidential Suite (sort of honeymoon,hehe),i just love the ambiance and the site of the Pool.
When we run out of places to visit to, my man discover that Sarabia has it's own tour. So we avail the tour package for 2, cost is reasonable enough to explore the beauty of Iloilo and Guimaras,the trip was successful and we enjoy,actually my fiancee wants to extend but the finances won't permit..hahaha.
Anyways, continue to patronize "tangkilikin ang sariling atin" your products and the beautiful scenery of Iloilo and the islets around it.
Great Job for promoting your Hotel!
And Also,I like the Massage Center, Pasalubong and Native Products(tinukib right?) Your hotel is ALL-IN-ONE! Thanks Much!

Room Tip: just appreciate whatever your room is!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed in Sarabia Manor for 5 days during my trip in Iloilo for a tournament. The building is one of the better ones in the place as it has some character to boast. I enjoyed the food so much that I remember nearly eating dinner there every night. Rooms are spacious, amenities can be considered as already above average, the bar is one place you just want to be in to let the night fly away without necessarily going out. There were some parts where services can be a little bit slow, but it's really a minor thing - at least they deliver the requests accordingly. Sarabia can be one your top choices in Iloilo.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Me and my fiancee checked-in here in Sarabia, I was satisfied and awed by the people, location and the hotel itself. Function room is very conducive for my wedding next year, pool area is the place to be. I want to be a princess during my wedding and the sales coordinators in the hotel made that magical for me, they are very accommodating in the sense that I couldn't say no in their offer, well in fact it is true in Sarabia. I'm looking forward to be in my most elegant and extravagant wedding next year.

Room Tip: they have 10% discount on buffet offerings!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple