“Good food but not a good place with kids”

Acqua at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 169 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 60
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Acqua serves modern authentic Italian cuisine with a panoramic view of the ocean. Its signature pizzas, baked in a classic brick oven, are popular favorites.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went there with the family. I have two young child .... and a little picky on food. While the restaurant had a kids menu .... the mix were a little strange .... my daughter wanted to pick a mix of two .... while the restaurant agreed reluctantly..... they suddenly decided to charge me double as they were busy that time .... and this came from manager

While the staff is excellent..... the management seems to have a poor attitude.....

Anna M, Food and Beverage Marketing Executive at Acqua at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear goelnitin2007,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Would it be possible for us to know more about this experience? May I please ask for your email address? Otherwise, please feel free to message me at anna.maglasang@shangri-la.com.

We would like to assure you that we will look into this concern and that we do not intend to give this impression. We thank you for appreciating our colleagues, as we are a family here at Shangri-La.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Food here was good. Service was also great. But the quality of the food kind of felt like it was a little less that the bigger one beside it, Tide. The quantity of the buffet was also significantly smaller compared to the aforementioned restaurant. But it is quieter than the other and offers more serene experience

Hi Josh G,

We highly appreciate your thoughts on how serene and tranquil Acqua is. Acqua is purposely designed to have selected options for the breakfast buffet as it is more on creating a peaceful morning experience. Thank you for sharing this and we would love to have you again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Wasn’t sure what to expect for an Italian restaurant in the Philippines, but was pleasantly surprised when the bread came out with a small dish of olive oil and balsamic vinegar as it should. Then came the spaghetti bolognese, nicely presented, hot to the table, the pasta was al dente, and the meat sauce was delicious.

Staff were more than helpful and quick to respond to any request. I would definitely recommend Acqua to anyone looking for a great meal while staying at the Shangri-La.

Dear Mr. eb2015742,

There is more to Cebu than our picturesque beaches - it is our food, people, and culture. It is delightful to know that we have surprised you with an amazing dining experience at Acqua. We would be more than glad to let you try new dishes by our Italian Chef, Chef Andrea anytime soon. I would be happy to reserve a table for you should you be around town, please feel free to send me a message at anna.maglasang@shangri-la.com.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Actually, when coming first time here solo, I thought to give a ranking of four points only.
But then with my wife together, we asked to meet the Italian Chef, had a discussion with him about a dinner menu and his proposals, and then we let him and his team work.
The result was an absolute great evening, a perfect dinner.
Thanks to the team!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

very excellent food. the service is good also and the environment. its all worth the price.
me and my friends love it there. the place is amazing and the staffs are friendly. they are very attentive to everything of course they should coz its a bit pricey. i will recommend this to my friends coz im contented with their food and service.