“Cheap stopover near airport”
Review of Hotel Cesario

Hotel Cesario
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
tokyo
“Cheap stopover near airport”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We only stayed one night on our way home to Tokyo from Bohol. The front desk were very kind and helpful. The room is OK, but very hot and no window. The bathroom is tiny and there is no fridge or kettle. We requested hot water to make some tea and they did bring it. Also they packed breakfast for us to take, as we had an early flight. Free shuttle bus to the airport. The rooms are too stuffy and we could hear the TVs from both sides, so we called the front desk and they solved the problem for us. Overall for the price is was OK.

Room Tip: The rooms are very hot and stuffy...you could ask for a room with a window but I dont' know if t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
oregon
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed at the Cesario our first night arriving in the Philippines. I booked the hotel online so all we had to do was call when we landed and the shuttle was there in 10 minutes or less! Great service! Since we were arriving so late I didn't feel the need to spend double on the nicer sister hotel, The Bellavista, when all we would do is sleep, eat, then check out. The room as small, but clean and served its purpose. When staying at the Cesario you get the same priviledges as the patrons of the Bellavista so if you aren't planning on spending much time in your room and want to save money this is the way to go. We stayed at the Bellavista our last night in the counrty because we planned to spend time relaxing in the room. The free breakfast buffet in the morning was really, really good. I've had a hard time with the food in the Philippines on a previous trip, but this time I had good luck! I didn't care for the entrees I ordered off the menu, but my husband found them very satisfactory. He had the coconut calamari, he said it was delish. I had a club sandwich, which in the Phils, is nothing like a club you would get in the states. Too much mayonnaise, fried egg, bacon, and ???
I think they feel as long as there are three items and three slices of bread, its a club. Alright.... :) Live and learn! :) Overall, great value for about $30, free aiport transfers, free breakfast.

Room Tip: I didn't really notice a dank smell as the other reviewers did. This is a very humid, tropical c...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
tagum
Reviewed 11 February 2012

what can i say soon as i arrived i was greeted with the doorman bringing in my luggage with a smile all the way to the front desk and by the way i booked the room without a credit card i just googled them and ask them to reserve the room and they did just that all for free and let me tell ya the breakfast buffet was the best they also give you 2different new paper to eat while you eat or you can bring your laptop eat and use there free wifi lol. but how ever they room did have a little mildew smell but the house keeping made sure i got a different room asap no one even mentioned the free room service free newspaper hanging on your door knob before u wake up and 2 new thermos one with fresh cold water and the other hot water for your coffee and the pool was great my 1year old son had a blast and i sat in the jacuzzi beside the pool the round one very nice the pool has a great view of the beach even better at night as well.

Room Tip: call them dont use a credit card just book it by telling to hold the room at the time u arrive and a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We'd enjoyed our stay in Cesario Hotel. The room was in a good condition and very clean.
TV inside, but the room has no window, which was not important for us.
Aircon worked and we could regulate it. The bathroom was clean, too and the shower has hot water.
The staff was very friendly. We could use the Wifi in the BellaVista-Lobby and the breakfast, which was included, has been served in the BellaVista Hotel, too and was very delicious (buffet).
The swimming-pool- and bar-area is a wonderful place to relaxe and you have a good few around this area of the island.
The airport-taxi-shuttle-service worked well.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed at hotel Cesario for 1 night which I chose due to proximity to the airport.
Unfortunately I have to agree with the previous reviewer that the room (room 28-economy rm) had a very dank, musty smell to it, which was quite overpowering. This is really my only complaint about the place and maybe only the case as I stayed in the cheapest possible room.

What I liked about the place was being able to use the facilities at the bellevista hotel next door.The roof top pool is very nice and I did enjoy the food & drink. Breakfast was excellent value with all you can eat buffet with a range of options. I enjoyed the mini pancakes.

The staff I found most helpful and always smiling, opening the door for me and generally wanting to please. They have a free airport shuttle so look for the person holding the sign saying hotel Cesario/ Bellevista hotel at the airport. Don't get sucked into getting a cab like I did and paying way too much! It is only a 5 min journey to the airport.

on the day I checked out the shuttle was out of service so they ordered a cab for me and even covered the cost of the cab themselves.

Overall I think it is great value for money but I would advise on getting a nicer room unless you are the type of person who is used to roughing it a bit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo