“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #31 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila, Philippines
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed here for 5 days training and leisure,had a very good stay. its clean and staff were very friendly..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank NT23
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pomeroy, Washington
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed three nights 1/14-1/16 2012. There is close access to the Sinulog parade route through a mall. We had to pay extra for the Sinulog nights, it amounted to $35.00 USD per night and we were required to purchase 3 nights in advance. At other times, the rooms are about $25.00 USD. Free breakfast, it was OK. The restaurant on the 5th floor is very good. Plenty of good Philippine restaurants across the street in the Robinson's mall. Also, KFC, Chow King, and MacDonalds are close by through a differrent mall. The room we had was clean, comfortable and quiet. Water was not particularly hot.

Room Tip: During the Sinulog, it would be best to choose a room that is not facing Llorente street if you want...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Angeles City, Philippines
Reviewed 26 January 2012

about Reservation:
I called the hotel only upon reaching the Cebu airport. So, I can not give in depth details regarding advanced reservation. However, I can say freely that the one who took my call was courteous and answered my questions well.

about the Room:
I got the room with two single beds even if I was travelling alone as it was the only type of room available. The room was gloomy, and poorly maintained. It was clean in the sense that someone cleaned it right before I used it. However: the furniture was chipped; the cabinet door was stuck in such that when I tried to open it the whole thing almost fell on me; the curtain was torn; one light bulb flickered like crazy; and the ceiling had awful water stains.
It was noisy. The cleaning staff was noisily going about their business without a care who could hear them.
The temperature was also bad. The air conditioning unit was in such a bad shape that it was actually cooler if I stepped outside the room.

about the Location:
The location is what made me choose the hotel in the first place. It is set near enough the Fuente Osmena Circle to be ‘near it all’ but far enough from Fuente to be less crowded and busy. I had business in the area so I thought the hotel location was perfect for my needs.

about the Food:
The room came with breakfast. The meals are served at the rooftop which was a nice place. The food was actually very good for the price you pay.

about the Service:
The front desk agent was ok- not great- but ok. The cleaning staff were poor because of the noise they made as they constantly traded stories which annoyed me. The personnel at the rooftop were very good. They handled my requests properly and quickly. I overheard some guest complain that they had to wait too long for their order to arrive, but I did not experience the same thing.

about the Overall Value:
It is a mixed bag here. Location is great, but the room is not. The waiters were great, the maintenance not at all. In the end, if you can stomach a poorly maintained room in a great location – go ahead and try this hotel. Me? I’m not going back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank paotranq
germany
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here with my gf 5 days and it was very good in all aspects. The room was very clean , modern televison set. for 65 extra pesos you can have Wifi in your room . But wifi is free in the lobby and in the tree top restaurant in the 5 th floor. all in all a good and safe place t stay and centrally located, next to Robinons and a good bookstore.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Goodtripp
Dumaguete City, Philippines
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed here last January 6-9, 2012. This place was recommended by a friend of mine who enjoyed her stay last year. It's clean, the staffs are courteous; from the receptionists down to their security guards,it's affordable and nice location. There's one problem, minor though, the aircon in my room had a clanking sounds every now and then but I still had a good night sleep.:) Despite the minor problem I recommend travelers to stay in this place coz it's a home away from home! I'm definitely staying in Apple Tree Suites when I go back there in Cebu!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo