All reviewsayala malllemon restaurantwalking distancemerienda buffetfood served at the buffetclass reuniontwo bedroom suiteclose to the hotellobby stafffront desk ladyminute walka nice place to staywifi is freefilipino foodcomplimentary watercheap hotelclean rooms
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed here the first week of June for 2 days and couldn't have been happier! Our original lodging reservation wasn't what we wanted so our van driver suggested we try the Golden Prince.

The staff was amazing, very friendly and accommodating. There were 5 adults and one child and all of us were included in their free breakfast. We opted for a room with a separate bedroom with a queen bed and the staff moved two additional beds in for us. It had a complete kitchen and great shower and aircon.

The location is great, right across the street from Ayala Center, so we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go.

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank daddywilkins
Reviewed 14 May 2015

Location: Not a hassle.
Food: Plating and presentation are within the level but the price is not worth it.
Room: Smoky smell. Some areas are dusty. Air condition system is not working properly. Door lock is not working.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Davaohive
Reviewed 28 February 2015

My first time in the Philippines and when I was staying here I didnt like it and wanted to leave the country, this was based on me travelling alone and not feeling safe in the area although to be fair I didnt have any problems.
First the bad things about the hotel, the room itself although a little tired was ok but the towels all smelled fusty as though they were damp and as mentioned above I didnt feel safe and stayed in the hotel for 2 days.
The hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the breakfast was ok which was included in the price, sleep quality wasn't that good for me because of the pillows being too small alyhough thats not meant as a slur to the hotel.. wouldI stay here again.. I don't think so !! more to do with the location than anything bad towards the hotel

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank stevefloyd
Reviewed 8 February 2015

I've visited this hotel several times since 2010 and it has undergone a great improvement.

The rooms are clean and well maintained, good facilities, very helpful staff.

It's not a luxury hotel, it's a functional base for your stay in Cebu. There are usually taxis outside so transport links are good.

But the one thing that surprised me most was the breakfast. Oh, the breakfast! What a pleasant surprise it was to have this.

It's a traditional Filipino style buffet breakfast and definitely won't match your expectations of a 'light continental' fare. I definitely recommend trying it - it'll be rice, noodles, a few vegetable dishes, meat dishes, many things to try. Even otherwise, the restaurant is good for dinner.

The wifi is now free and for what it is, the speed is OK (keeping in mind that The Philippines has one of the worst Internet connectivities in Asia even in 2015).

I heartily recommend this place for the budget minded traveler who wants a good balance of functionality and comfort.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iamapizza
Reviewed 5 February 2015

It's not a cheap hotel and it's not an expensive hotel. We found the room and amenities to be small and few. We've stayed at many hotels in Cebu and The Golden Prince room and furniture were the same as the very low priced hotels. For amenities we got two small soaps, two small shampoos, two small bottles of water, a newspaper, and a package with two Q-tips (Cotton swab on a stick). The breakfast buffet was a bit better. Salad Bar, Omelet station, along with several Filipino dishes. Normally we find great brewed coffee in the Philippine Hotels, their coffee was very old and reheated many times. The instant coffee packs in the room don't have a price tag but we got charged 80 pesos because we drank two on them.

The room was quieter than many high rise hotels we've stayed at in Cebu. They have new construction all around going on but they seemed to stop before dark and it became quiet even to traffic noise. The dust from the construction is everywhere.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple