“Good taste and nicw service”

Raphael's Sports Cafe
Ranked #587 of 883 Restaurants in Cebu City
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Our first time here so we tried the beef casserole and grilled pork (st louis).
The pork was really good, the biff also even though I prefered the pork.
The staff were kind, joking and very polite.
We filled in a survey about the food and will definitly be back again here

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I dont mind paying good money for as long as it is worth every penny. My partner and I were looking for a place to eat lunch one sunday afternoon and their barker caught our attention. As it was a little too late for lunch she rattled off their snack menu. I have always been a big burger and milkshake fan and was happy to find both in their menu. We told the waitress as much. To our dismay they ran out of the burger when we got settled in. We ended up with pasta and clubhouse sandwiches and I still got my milkshake. The milkshake was bland and was thinner than I expected. The pasta tasted good but the sandwiches were nothing special. Overall it was just regular fastfood and if I may say some establishments are better. For the price point hand in hand with the taste and offerings, I dont think we are coming back.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

This is the only restaurant that didn't have a long queue outside or not fully occupied when we were there during the 3-day Sale at SM Seaside.

Since we were already hungry and tired from walking the mall, we decided to dine here. Yes, aside from the limited food choices and pricey food, the staff needs customer service training since we kept on reminding them 3 times for service water and on the 4th call, the waiter finally served us with water but alas for only one person. We didn't call his attention anymore because of our experience with them.

The ambiance and the restaurant lay-out are quite good and soothing to the eyes but still, with the poor service and pricey dishes, one would never go back to this establishment unless you have no other option.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We decided to stop in here after roaming around the mall for a few hours. Unfortunately, if you're a vegetarian, your options are pretty much nothing. I ordered the mozarella sticks and nachos, asking for the chili to be brought out on the side since it has beef in it. My girlfriend ordered the sirloin steak. The drink menu is very limited to a few fruit shakes and a few beer choices and soda options...nothing else. The mozarella sticks were large, which was nice. But the breading lacked in flavor, making them pretty bland. When the nachos came out, they were a pretty sad sight. The "cheese" sauce was a weird brownish-yellow color and didn't taste like cheese at all. There was barely any drizzled on the top layer of chips along with a bit of a drizzle of I guess sour cream? We were given a small cup of pico de gallo and had to ask for extra, as it's barely enough for a few chips. Even with that, we ended up not eating half the chips because there was nothing left to dip them in. My girlfriend said the chili was good though. But even if it had been put atop the chips, you'd still end up with excess chips leftover. She said the steak was okay, but not very flavorful or seasoned...tasted better when dipped in the sauce that came with it. We both did like the mashed potatoes that came with the steak though. All in all, the food was underwhelming and it's not a place we're likely to return to. And if you're vegetarian, you're not going to get a satisfying meal here.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Opened just last April 2017 on Level 3 of SM Seaside City in Cebu City, this sports cafe is fast becoming one of the favorite hang-outs of both sports- and not-so-sports enthusiasts in town. It is named after the youngest of the Senining brothers who own and manage the place.

Raphael's Sports Cafe is not really that big, with limited tables for diners. But the place, I think, appeals to both locals and outsiders because of its American (Texan) menu that includes all-time favorites like rib eye steak, chicken wings, pizzas and pasta, sandwiches, and so forth. There are also desserts and both hot and cold drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic alike. The place gives you a feel of a typical American bar, where you get a chance to watch live streaming of your favorite sports while eating and drinking.

The foods and drinks may cost a little bit more compared to other local bars and cafes (with price ranging from Php 150 upwards). A simple snacks of hamburger with fries and a drink would cost you around Php 300 per head.

The ambiance is quite nice, with portraits of some local athletes on one of the walls. Some of them were even signed by the athletes themselves when the place was inaugurated. It is well-lit, but don't expect to have a quiet and private dinner (since some on-lookers outside tend to watch some of the games with you through the glass walls of the restaurant).