“Oasis on a hot summer day”
Review of Apo View Hotel

Apo View Hotel
Ranked #46 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Davao's climate is really hot on summer. I was billeted at Apo View Hotel where the company I am working for has tie-up.

Before you step inside the hotel, there are security checks like a dog sniffer and metal detector (I think). I felt really safe! When I got to the reception, it took about a minute or two to register. I immediately asked the reception if the room has free wifi, luckily it has. There was a doorman to assist you with your luggage. There are also comfortable couch

The hallway leading to the elevator is a bit far from the reception. You'll pass by Entree and a couple of stores before you can get to the elevator that will bring you to your room. I think in front of Entree restaurant, there's a travel agency.

Inside the hotel room, it has the following amenities:
cable tv (not flatscreen yet)
king-sized bed
mini bar
hairdryer
toiletries
The room is squeaky clean and so as the bathroom. The TV may not yet be flatscreen but you'll be amaze on the hugeness of the bed especially, if you are alone in the room. you can also control the aircon temperature. The curtains are thick enough to bar the sunlight inside the room. There's a massage for P500 or $12 (43:1 conversion). I didnt get to see the pool though.

In the morning, I had my breakfast at Entree. I first went to the reception to get my buffet stub. The buffet offers a wide variety of breakfast from filipino to intercontinental. There's also a standby cook if you want omelette with different fillings. My favorite is their rice porridge with different toppings. It reminds of the porridge at Mabuhay Class (PAL). The restaurant's interior is quite dark though. But it is being offset by the lush garden just outside the restaurant.

From the airport to the hotel, it will not go beyond P100 or $2 (prevailing taxi rate). In front of the hotel is a Catholic Church. At the side are restaurants, there are high ends and offer buffet meals for as low as P127 or $3.

Apo View is classy and not too expensive. Single bed (corporate rate) room will only cost you P3300 or $77. Its worth every centavo! Would like to go back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 October 2011

I stayed here because it's in the heart of the city and other hotels were fully occupied. This was my first time and hopefully the last. Somewhat dissapointed!! Here are my reviews...

1) Hallways going to the rooms were dark..they turned off some lights..especially when you come in late at night!!! (cost cutting???)
2) Inside the elevator was small and hot!!! No ventilation! (one of their Korean guest farted inside the elevators!!!)
3)Parking was limited..they allowed parking in the entrance if you're a high ranking city officials or some big shots of Davao City riding on Gas Guzzling Vehicle!!!
4)Security on duty..No courtesy to their Hotel Guests..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Bamba L
Reviewed 7 September 2011

.....but not anymore. horiible sleep. uncomfortable beds. i booked for 1 adult and got 2 single beds.... no doonah/duvet on the beds only sheets. noisy. a/c was broken and stuck on 17c! freezing! only good thing is that it has quick housekeeping service and free wifi. other than that, not much else.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This is the 2nd hotel we accomodated after our first hotel in this city run out of promo for the month of August. We started our first day in August and stayed until the 18th of August.,I took a membership club that save me lots of money in staying for a longer period. I was able to save almost 50% compared if I have stayed in the other hotel for the same period. What a saving!.It`s money`s worth.But not all`s money`s wworth is an advantage.
My complaint I had is that they don``t have gym for sport, it was converted into casino.
although the other advantage is that they have a swimming pool where one can swim in privacy.
No lots of people in the pool. One can also relax by the swimming pool area in the middle of a busy city.One disadvantage is Kadayawan weeks, the lobby is quiet loud and the adjacent room is also loud due to the guests are loud and one can hear their noises. Hard for my husband to take a good sleep in the middle of the nite. They are just shouting and celebrating on the other side of the room.
The room we had was first on the 7th floor,we were surprised that we were to transfer to a lower floor on the 3rd day due to sudden airöconditioning repairs. The air-con is so loud at nite that one can barely sleep for the first 2 nites. We were transferred to the 3rd flooor but still the air-con is loud and this time the air-con is hard to control, very cold in the evening,we had to shut off the unit but since no windows can be open we have to open it again after a few minutes otherwise we run out of oxygen.The carpet also smells. Had to compalin to the housekeeping about the smell. The longer one stay the lousier is the room,the housekeeping service always forget toilettries, toilet paper, compliment coffees and towels.Glad that our vacation was over and have to leave that hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IluminadaT
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Apo View many times over the years (as we have with many other Davao hotels) and I consider that its classification should be higher. It is not as cheap as some other places, but in our view offers very good value for money. It is better than many 4-star places we've stayed at.

It's a long standing up-market Davao hotel that is being progressively refurbished. Therefore, ask for a 6th floor or other updated room.

We like it for its excellent central location, its views from upper rooms and its roomy and clean refurbished rooms. The king-sized bed we get is always very comfortable. Floor and desk staff have always been very helpful. Bathroom give-aways are extensive.

The buffet is excellent, costing PHP300 for an extensive range of western and asian breakfast items. It has a casino in the hotel and a range of entertainers are available - but that does not create any noise or other problems in the tower wing where the rooms are. The swimming pool is a favourite place for our 15-year old.

Room Tip: Ask for a 6th Floor room