1,319 results
All reviews continental club lotus court lobby lounge eagles bar breakfast buffet star hotel souvenir shops aldevinco shopping center davao gulf swimming pool business trip the heart of the city night market visit davao samal island security philippines
Reviewed 4 March 2006

I love this hotel. The staff are very professional, friendly and courteous. I was among the pioneering staff when the hotel first opened in 1999. Being there for two years, I learned so much about the hotel industry. The management really trains their staff and takes care of them. I am now based in Southern California and married to my husband whom I actually met in the Marco Polo. This place is really special to me. When I went back in 2004 with my husband and 2 kids, I felt so good to be back home. We stayed for 1 week in the hotel. The rooms are very well maintained, look just like it first opened to the public. I love the lobby lounge and hanging there every night takes all your stress away. The music, the friendly, smiling waitresses are just perfect to set a romantic yet casual ambience. The Eagle's bar is really cool with the dimmed lights and subtle music. Everywhere in the hotel, you find smiling and hospitable staff ready to help you. It is just heaven there! I can't wait to be back. I really miss Davao!

• Stayed: July 2004
2  Thank Mwright121
Reviewed 29 December 2005

We stayed in the Marco Polo for two nights after Christmas and we were impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the rooms. This hotel is by far the best in Davao City, and is the only one of international standard. The food has improved remarkably compared to when the hotel first opened. The Executive rooms on the top two floors are well worth the extra cost, as they give access to the Continental Club on the 17th floor with free breakfast, snacks, cocktails and concierge service. The swimming pool and the poolside snacks are great.

• Stayed: December 2005
2  Thank Pioneer16488
Reviewed 14 July 2005

My family stayed at Marco Polo on our trip to Davao this year and just as it was 5 years ago, it was a relaxing and pleasant experience. We flew into Davao from Manila on Cebu Pacific and saved our boarding pass so we stayed for the first five days at about half the normal price. Security has stepped up significantly since our last stay with all taxis being searched before being allowed to approach the hotel and all bags being searched before being allowed into the hotel. Also, men are searched for any handguns they may be carrying. Everyone doing the searches are extremely courteous and friendly so its not really an inconvienience. We left for Mati for 3 days before returning to Davao and tried to stay at another hotel in the city that was a little less expensive but I have to say the cleanliness of the hotel was anything but "royal". When we complained about the cleanliness of the room they suggested "why don't you go to the Marco Polo?"....so we did. We went back to Marco Polo and paid the regular price (about $80/night) but it was well worth the money. We had a nice relaxing last week in Davao.

• Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank albe1
Reviewed 7 December 2004

I stayed Marco Polo for the second time,and found this hotel excellent.staffs are very friendly,infact in my second visit they know my name already,they waved to me evrytime they see in the lobby.For me this my home everytime i come to davao.

9  Thank Mercedes623
Reviewed 1 December 2004

I spent the third week of August in the midst of the Kadayawan Sa Dabaw Festivities at the Marco Polo. Sheer elegance with professional staff and all of the amenities one could desire. Beautiful changing nightly buffets or evening pool side dining. All the while the Kadaywan festival is going on just outside the hotel. The beautifully detailed lobby includes a cozy little bar named after the the Philippine Eagle with special events most nights. Also the lobby has a slightly raised quiet cafe/bar area with elegantly clad waitpersons that will serve you very good coffee in the morning and wonderful cocktailsor a good glass of wine at night along with light snacks or lunches while you listen to classic ballads by various piano bar entertainers. They seem to know by heart every love song ever written.

During the festival traditonal dancers and musicians filled the lobby area as well as traditonal tribal weaving demonstrations. The staff assisted me in arranging for shipping of the many modestly priced gifts available in the area. Can't wait to go back and I stayed a 2nd week after being enticed by an even better rate than the first week. Great security in room and on the premises with warm smiling faces. Mabuhay!

• Stayed: August 2004